Sample from virtualPhotographer

Reaction score
Hi,

I would love to hear your comments on this photo. It was processed with "virtualPhotographer", a free Photoshop plug-in a friend and I created.

Below it is the before and after in a smaller size.

-- Colin

yaquina-virtualPhotographer.jpg

bronzed.jpg

As promised here is a larger version of the original photo. -- Colin

yaquinaOriginal.jpg

very moody and foreboding, i like the detail at the top of the tower.

so what was changed? sepia mode and levels?

nice! could you post the original large size for a better comparison (just edit the post above). Its a nice effect! Does it work for pshop 5.5?

oh and welcome to the board!

This effect is a combination of things. There are some changes in contrast, brightness, B/W conversion, some blending of 2 layers and tinting. This is all achieved in one click.

If you wish to try virtualPhotographer out for yourself. You can download it from
http://www.optikvervelabs.com
It is totally free and fully functional. Currently it is for the PC only.

Yes it should work OK in PS 5.5 as it has been tested in PS 5.0 LE.
It should work in most PS plug-in compatible apps. I have tested it in PS CS, PS 7, PS 5 LE, Elements 2, PSP 8, PhotoBrush, Corel PhotoPaint, MGI PhotoSuite, Canvas 7

I don't have the original image here with me, but I can post it over the weekend.

-- Colin

Hey, welcome to the forum. This is a great first picture. The mood, lighting, and colors work really well.

Thanks for all the great feedback. It is good to feel welcome.

I should mention that the lighthouse photo used the Bronzed preset which is an external settings file (.vph) also available from the website (Set 1)

-- Colin

Here is another sample image processed with virtualPhotographer. This time the High Key preset was applied.

Comments?

-- Colin

PS. My wife won't let me post the original.

kathy.jpg

After downloading, double click the virtualPhotographer.exe file. This will unzip the files to your machine. Now drag and drop the optikVerveLabs folder into the plug-in folder in Photoshop. The path should be something like:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins

It will vary based on application etc. but this should get you close.

Alternatively, browse to the plug-ins folder from within the dialog during unzipping.

If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected].

-- Colin

is there some special jpeg rendering you're doing to these?
because they're of very small filesize, while the pixel dimensions are quite large.
and i don't see that much loss of quality due to compression :shock:

maybe it has sometihng to do with the color depth?

No, nothing special. I am saving them out from PS using quality settings between 35 and 45 normally. It is probably because there is not a wide variaion in colors.

StvShoop said:
is there some special jpeg rendering you're doing to these?
because they're of very small filesize, while the pixel dimensions are quite large.
and i don't see that much loss of quality due to compression :shock:

maybe it has sometihng to do with the color depth?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back