Samsung S730- AAs and CR-V3s interchangeable?

elemental

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Before posing my first question, I guess I should introduce myself. I am a college student at the undergraduate level and have been interested in photography for just under a year. I am currently using a Pentax K100D (Clark Kent, not "Super") and enjoy all types of photogrpahy from landscape to fashion. I have taken one photography course at the collegiate level, but it was completely ridiculous and taught me very little, though it did force me to go out and shoot, which always leads to improvement. I primarily shoot inanimate objects and primarily shoot at wide angles (80+ percent of my pictures are at 18mm). I consider myself a very visual person, but as I am not "artistic" in the typical draw/paint way, photography is an excellent medium for me. I am always up to learn something new in photography (or really in life).

Now that that's out of the way, here's my first question:
My current camera (K100D) will accept either AAs or CR-V3s (which I use). They fit into the same slot and apparently put out similar enough power that they can be used interchangeably in this bosy (one of my favorite features). This spring break I will be gonig on my first backpacking trip with some friends, and would really like to pick up an inexpensive point-and-shoot to bring along for the ride. The size/weight/fragility of the dslr make it not worth bringing. As I am a college student, price is always a concern, and cameras using AA batteries are significantly less expensive. I am strongly considering picking up a Samsung S730 on the cheap, but the horrible battery life of AAs would be a serious issue. From my K100 experience, I wondered if CR-V3s and AAs are always interchangeable, and with some Googling, I came across this page: http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html, which seems to suggest that the answer is "sometimes." If I can just throw my Lithium Ion CR-V3s in this camera, it's a no-brainer. If not, I am going to need to spring for something with a rechargeable battery (or just not buy one at all, which is more likely). Does anyone have any knowledge about this, or (even better) first-hand experience with CR-V3s in an S730? I appreciate any help I can get.

If this is something that has been posted before I apologize, a search turned up no results.

On second glance, it appears this might be in the wrong forum. Feel free to berate/suggest/move this post.

It doesn't take V3s. Just get yourself some Energizers or Ni-MHs, like you said.

Most reactions

Back