San Francisco Sunsets -- C&C please

emh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend was my first real chance to take some pics with my first DSLR. Here are a few sunsets from Sunday. C&C appreciated!

1. Urban Sunset
4663424506_0b83d1f8f1_b.jpg

2. Hazy Bridge
4661932581_0ddedc2212_b.jpg

3. Golden Gate
4662556650_e76952b45c_b.jpg

#1 is boring, but #s 2 and 3 make up for it. (#2) great directionality, complementary color scheme, haze adds more interest to the subject. (#3) is clean and crisp. love the colors. the only problem i have with these is that they are common. you see a lot of this style / subject / sunsety photo. just being honest. i say get out and experiment with different subjects, environments and angles.

1. My eyes cant stray away from the blow out on the building.
2. i enjoy. love the tree and some reason makes me want a cup of coffee and my fishing pole lol
3. the color is nice but its not doing much for me.

The second one is definitely the standout from this series! Nicely framed with the branch above the bridge, pretty colours, and I like how the scenery seems to emerge from the haze. :thumbup:

love 2 and 3

The second is my favorite. very romantic. The other ones I like less.

#2 is very cool, but too much tree in the foreground ruins it for me.
#3 is boring.
#1 is annoying to look at with the glare.

No.2 i feel is by far the stand out picture of the 3 that you've posted up. With regards to the construction of the shot I would've actually completely ditched the tree in the foreground.

My reasoning being that the picture as a whole has very little contrast, which is beautiful, but makes that tree stand out like a sore thumb! I would've left the tree out and other than that I think it's a fantastic picture. brilliant - makes me think of the 1930-40's for some reason!

I like 2 and 3, the colors in 3 are fantastic. Nice placement of the horizon and framing on those!! :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Very much appreciated.

Agree with everyone that #1 is the least interesting. But there's something about the twice-reflected sunlight in the water that I find appealing :)

Love #3.
Like #2, would like to see more color of some sort. Color effects. Etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back