Sand Dunes or Snow Dunes?

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All-

I braved the cold, windy temperatures the other day (18F) and went out shooting a little.

I was interested in the foreground, as it reminded me of when I lived in Florida- the beaches on the gulf had these coastal grasses that sat covered in sand.

The only difference being that I was at a frozen reservoir with snowfall and not on the beach.

Cheers

24218116194_8a3f17eeb9_b.jpg

.....zzzzz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Looks like a lovely day. Compositionally I think you need better foreground anchors. The brighness values are odd as the form a diagonal which my eye is drawn to but for some reason cant stay properly in the image. Looking at it seems like the image is split into 3, with a verical cut halfway from the left hand edge of the frame (containing the brightest parts of the scene), then a horizontal one running from the midpoint to the right hand edge (with one half of that containing the cloud and the other the dark bush) if that makes any sense.

Looks like a lovely day. Compositionally I think you need better foreground anchors. The brighness values are odd as the form a diagonal which my eye is drawn to but for some reason cant stay properly in the image. Looking at it seems like the image is split into 3, with a verical cut halfway from the left hand edge of the frame (containing the brightest parts of the scene), then a horizontal one running from the midpoint to the right hand edge (with one half of that containing the cloud and the other the dark bush) if that makes any sense.
Excellent points, Pete. Will have another look. A storm had just passed, leaving some weird lighting (I only very slightly lightened the foreground.) Appreciate the input, as always!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back