sandra

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in a walk with my hb and children. Sandra and few of her friends were passing by.
I know she likes to be photographed so I took this shot for her.
c&c before she put this on fb :) ( she and her friends have, of course, gazillions selfies on fb)

$sandra.jpg

Way too blue, kinda flat and it would really help to darken the background.

Joe

It's better then 99.9% of the photo's on FB, but I agree with both of Joe's suggestions. It does seem a tad cool and even more so flat lighting on the face.

Ok guys,can you help me a bit more.
Where is too blue?
I did darken the bg and then I backed off because it seemed too much. I guess I backed off too much. I al.so desaturated it quite a bit.Dont,like that rocks and soil
My phone is killing me. Sorry for typos

Here it is warmed up a bit. I also added a very slight vignette, because the edges of the frame are lighter than the center, and a fade-to-white effect in this situation calls the background more to attention.

This is basically about a +11 Tint adjustment, toward the "yellow end" of the spectrum line in Lightroom.

better now?

$210314_0373.jpg

oh Derrel, I've seen your edit when I was to upload my new edit :)

Thanks!It seems we have pretty the same result. but we did it in a different way. That's the thing with ps, you can do something in a hundreds of ways.

Simple wb! God! How on Earth do I forgot it?

Thank you guys!

Looks much better, maria. Maybe try some curves to make the tones pop a bit more?

Was thinking she seemed oddly separated from the background, and looking closer I can see haloing around the jacket on the right side - I thought it almost seemed like she or the background had been photoshopped in.

I'm a longtime film photographer so I guess I learned that getting a proper exposure was necessary for getting good photos, and I wonder if the exposure was off in this photo; I just find with a good exposures I don't have much need for editing or adjusting in post.

It's a nice picture of her, she'll probably like it.

oh Derrel, I've seen your edit when I was to upload my new edit :)

Thanks!It seems we have pretty the same result. but we did it in a different way. That's the thing with ps, you can do something in a hundreds of ways.

Simple wb! God! How on Earth do I forgot it?

Thank you guys!

Take another look at Derrel's edit. See the detail in the jacket? Whatever differences between the two of you, I would try to emulate Derrel's method.

I did the whole thing again, from the beginning

now?
$210314_0373 (Large).jpg

Ysarex, thanks!

I was in a hurry when I reedit and looked at Derrel's edit. Sorry Derrel! Thanks Designer!

Vintagesnaps, the exposure was good. What makes this photo difficult for me is the color of the bg. It's strong and overpowering. You can't do something to it without hurting the color of the skin... Here is also the answer for Seventen- Masking in ps. Google it and you'll find a lot!

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back