Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing around with long shutter speeds on my new 30D yesterday morning, and got a few neat shots of one of my friends. Check 'em out:

1. My favorite shot:
sarainmotion.jpg

2. The creepiest shot:
saracreepy.jpg

3: Laughing:
saralaugh.jpg

Enjoy ;-)

jemmy said:
Very cool - wanna share how you achieved that 1st shot with an ameteur? - love it!! xx
Hmm, I'm not quite sure exactly what I did for that shot, as I took a lot of shots before getting it right. But what I'm pretty sure I did is I put the camera into Tv mode (i.e. shutter priority), set it to about 2 seconds or so, and had her shake her head while the shutter was open. During this shoot I was also playing around with using my flash with long exposures, so I may have also fired my flash manually right before the exposure ended (although I don't think I did with this one. I am pretty sure I did with the second one, though).

Unimaxium said:
During this shoot I was also playing around with using my flash with long exposures, so I may have also fired my flash manually right before the exposure ended (although I don't think I did with this one.
It doesn't look like it. I think her face is coming through because she paused there at the end of her swing. This allowed a longer exposure than when she was moving and burned her face into the image.

markc said:
It doesn't look like it. I think her face is coming through because she paused there at the end of her swing. This allowed a longer exposure than when she was moving and burned her face into the image.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. The first and third had no flash, but the second one did.

Haha! The second two ARE creepy! She looks posessed in number 3 and like she's drowning in number 2. Fun!

cool shots...... i actually prefer the 3rd one..... but great series, :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back