saving pictures before upload

jwsciontc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my usual procedure is i use my card reader, Zoom Browser EX comes up, i select and download the pictures i want to. Some times i'll do the Auto Edit in Zoom Browser when I don't have a lot of time, but usally I use PhotoShop or Digital Photo Professional. The thing is, after I do the sharpening and colors and stuff, overwrite the originals, I go to view them through windows and accessing my pictures folder, and they look exactly like the originals, like nothing ever changed.

Then when I go to upload them to Flickr, they are the originals. Where are the edited one's going when i save them??

When I save in Digial Photo Pro., They save as Exif-jpg and not .jpg, but i choose to overwrite the original and says are you sure you want to blah blah and i say yes. Whenever they are viewed in DPP, they are the new, edited, nice and sharp one's, but everywhere else they are the normal ones?

Whats my problem?

I don't use ZoomBrowser EX when I upload image files from my CF memory card but I thought I read somewhere that it makes copies of your original images and stores them as backups somewhere. Are you sure you're editing the original images and not the copies? Might want to see if there is another folder with your edited image files stored in them.

cant find where the new ones are saving to! i even tried copying and pasting but when they're in the windows pictures folder, they're the originals!

Save them to desktop with a new name so you will have the originals and the new edited ones right there for easy access.

they save there but like unedited! why wont the edits stay!?

I can choose convert and save cause when i'm saving them they're EXIF-jpeg. i can convert them to:
Exif-Tiff 8bit
Tiff 16bit
Exif-Tiff 8bit and Exif-jpeg
Tiff 16bit and Exif-jpeg

and none work

Last edited:
Don't use that program, I had a serious program where it damaged every couple files irrevocably, use bridge.

No, it is free with photoshop.

k so i tried a shot in RAW+JPG and edited the RAW in digital photo pro and that worked, i know cause i converted it to b&w, but it's just the sharpness that window's photo browser is lacking! and then that carries over to flickr when i upload them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back