SB-600 -- I think I'll trade down...

So you can make flash dance videos!

animation.gif

no but seriously the TTL function is AWSOME! and i just got the D300 that can control the sB600's and it great too! I have 2 of them and i use them all the time but if you do decide to sell it i will give you 50 bucks :mrgreen:

Depends on what you are doing really. I take it you are using these flashes for carefully setup studio work in which case TTL is just a waste of time anyway.

But make no mistake when you're shooting with a flash on the camera TTL is a godsend. Shooting manual with a flash is quite different from manual exposure, as you have 3 variables one of which changes on the fly.

I don't use my flash much. But that's no reason to ditch it.

Yeah, that's exactly it. I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I've had a flash attached to my camera. I just don't do it and so the TTL is wasted on me at the moment. I guess it seems logical to replace the 600 with some flashes that fit more fluidly with my current kit.

Thanks for the input!
Are you sure you are understanding TTL? Sorry, but I forgot or you didn't mention which body you have. With the Commander mode function, the SB-600 can be used off-camera and still utilize the TTL, which takes in account the ambient light of the scene. Although I use manual settings mostly, the advantage of TTL is quite the godsend for mind numbing situations, where you let the equipment use its brain and you can use yours for creative uses.

Can you send it to this starving kid?

Are you sure you are understanding TTL?

Are you sure you understand the studio environment? ;) I have never seen a studio photographer using TTL for any other purpose than advertising Nikon CLS features in a video on the Nikon website.

Are you sure you understand the studio environment? ;) I have never seen a studio photographer using TTL for any other purpose than advertising Nikon CLS features in a video on the Nikon website.

Maybe I'm naive, but I believe McNally uses it a hell of a lot. That or he lies in his books and on his website. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back