Sb600 slave + Nikon D80 commander mode + Tamron 28-75 f2,8

stephen01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i bought a used nikon speedlight sb600 from ebay here in italy. my main reason for buying this flash is to use it as a slave/off camera flash with my nikon d80. have been trying it to work out the whole day but it seems to work only in M mode set in the nikon D80. the TTL mode wont trigger the flash to fire. i dont know if the problem is with my Tamron 28-75 f2,5 also. can anyone help me please.

Page 96 of your manual explains how to get it to work properly. Make sure that "group" and "Channel" set in camera and on your SB600 are the same. The lens selected has no bearing whatsoever on the operation of your pop-up as a flash commander.

Page 96 of your manual explains how to get it to work properly. Make sure that "group" and "Channel" set in camera and on your SB600 are the same. The lens selected has no bearing whatsoever on the operation of your pop-up as a flash commander.

the built in flash triggers the slave(sb600), but only in manual mode, not in TTL. the group and channel that are set in the d80 and sb600 are all the same.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back