Scanning problems.........

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:confused: I’m from the older school and still appreciate film……that said, I do own a D70 and realize the benefits of downloading to the computer for enhancements. Now the facts.
I have an HP 3970 scanner and have tried to scan film strips…..there are three speeds slow, slow and slower. Has anyone had film developed directly to a disc? Possible?
And what is the quality level of the digital pictures?
Help please……..

Well, your best bet is the have your negatives developed and to buy a better scanner. that can scan negatives and color positives (slides). I'd reccommend Epson as a scanner brand and the 16xx series scanners. Most labs do a poor job of scanning, something around 300dpi, when the native resolution of film is actually around 3000dpi.

When I was shooting film I would always have my photos also put on a CD. That took a bit of the fear away if something we to happen to my negs. That was back in the days when I couldn't do it myself.

Now that being said the quality of the CD's sucked. I was able to tweak using PS to get them back but I agree with getting a better scanner or going to a dedicated film scanner. I also use Epson and have been happy with their products.

As far as where to buy. I picked up some good deals at Best Buy or Comp USA. Mail order is another choice. I now mail order most everything due to the high sales tax we have.

Good advice, especially on the sales tax point. That's two for the Epson scanner.
Thanks ......

Most reactions

Back