Scary Looking Thing

shelby16

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This bird was sitting in my neighbors backyard, and I have no idea what kind of bird it was, but it was freaky! C&C are welcome. :)
The darkness in the water behind the bird is his reflection, just so you know. haha
CLICK TO ENLARGE!

Shelby

$moosa.jpg

Dang. That is scary looking. Evil eyes haha

Could be a cormorant, or something in the same family.

If it is, I love this bird - it is an awesome diver!!!

If not, cormorant wannabe :lol:

It looks like a heron and Your picture is OOF.

It's not a cormorant--they've got those very distinctive curved beaks. *Could* be some kind of heron, but I don't think so. It's just really hard to tell because its OOF, AND because we don't really know where this picture was taken. The USA is a very big place; could you nail down where this is a bit more? ;)
You mention water--river, lake, ocean?

A particularly scruffy juvenile black crowned night heron halfway through his moult I think.

Last edited:
Its hard to tell for sure but looks like a tri color heron...

A particularly scruffy juvenile black crowned night heron halfway through his moult I think.

I second that the beak shape and eye color looks like a night heron, but it deffently looks like a heron of some sort

It's not a cormorant--they've got those very distinctive curved beaks. *Could* be some kind of heron, but I don't think so. It's just really hard to tell because its OOF, AND because we don't really know where this picture was taken. The USA is a very big place; could you nail down where this is a bit more? ;)
You mention water--river, lake, ocean?

I know it's oof, but it was the only picture I really got of him. I'm from Florida and its a lake. :)

Most reactions

Back