Scenic New Hampshire

To make a difference in this world, the people need to be educated. Picking up their trash will not solve this problem.

You're correct. I do make a habit of picking up trash along the main road that leads to my subdivision, not because I think the trashy people who tossed it there will learn by my example, but simply because *I* don't want it there. But I'm not talking about major dumping like this - I'm talking about what I can fit into a grocery bag when I'm out for a walk with the dog. Fast food trash, cans, bottles. I've seen other people do this, too, so I know I'm not alone in my attitude.

When I do catch someone "in the act", I usually call them out on it - loudly and clearly. I want them to feel humiliated and they usually do when they hear me yelling, "HEY!! Who do you think is going to pick that up - your mama??" There was one instance where the perpetrator sheepishly picked it all back up, but usually they scurry away like rats.

But at least they feel a spotlight on them while they run. :twisted: And I don't believe not viewing it is helping much to shine the light on littering - it does look awful, and we should all be yelling about it!

The locals here, myself included, always take our walks with a bag in hand for the litter. The end result, a beautiful community.
My apologies to P Bailey for imposing my ethics onto others. The photo infuriated me and my response should have been on a more postitive note.
Next time, I will think before I type........

In Singapore, they fine you for littering. Wish there is a rule like that here :).

I believe there are littering laws. But they have to catch you first. Then they have to enforce it. I know you can get fined in my state, at least.

junk014.jpg

junk015.jpg

junk013.jpg

I am pleased to report someone has picked up the big yellow unit. The tires remain....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back