What's new

School assignments.

Misfitsracing

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
Location
Houghton, MI (two miles past the end of the earth)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am taking a photography class and these are the shots I submit for grading. First assignment was to take two shots of the same thing using different apertures to vary the depth of field.
wwdumontf24s60.jpg

wwdumontf4s800.jpg
 
Can I ask what you have on your feet? :)
 
Vibram five fingers Komodo sports. Very comfortable shoe, I wear them all the time, though I bought them as a training shoe for running. The idea is that your foot is not naturally flawed and does not need a shaped sole to "fix" the way we walk. It does take some getting used to.
 
I'm seeing those old buildings across the river and know they would be cool to shoot. When they give you the assignments shoot 2 or 3 different things and ask folks why they like a certain image. Enjoy the class.
-
Shoot well, Joe
 
FiveFingers w00t w00t!

Best shoes I've ever owned! I've been wearing my classics whenever the weather permits for 3 years now, been thinking about upgrading to the komodos :thumbup:


Also, enjoy your photography class : )

Anyone in here who has NOT taken pictures of their feet when first starting out? anybody?

That's what I thought :lol:
 
What apertures were they shot at? The second one should have been able to get WAY creamier bokeh for how far the background is from the subject (your sweet kicks lol). Also, what lens was used and @ what focal length.


P.S. - I'm on my iPhone so I can't see the exif.
 
Can't imagine running in them, but if you say you do, it must be. Thanks for clearing that up.
 
t
trail running in them is particularly fun : )
Especially when you find that ONE jagged rock that was just out of sightline. That's the only downside, occasionally something jabs into your foot more than it would with a regular shoe. But they are definitely worth it. These cost about a third more than my new balance trail shoes, but they are worth the extra cost.

So, the next assignment is a shot with at least 1600 ISO to capture a grainy shot. I was looking through the shots I had on hand and this was one that I thought had some possibility, except I thought the logo on the tatoo shop was edgy, so I tried to photoshop it out. This is my first attempt at really doing anything other than white balance, so criticism is appreciated. I doubt this will be the one I print and mat, but I thought I would throw it out to get ideas before I go exploring tomorrow to take better shots.

ISO 1600 F5.6 1/1600 shot while running across a busy street.
Dodgecolor.jpg

Dodge.jpg
 
So the photo I finally submitted was this one:
Clowns.jpg


This shot is one I took this morning, I think it serve as the starting point for the series of images that we have to use as our final project. My thinking is that I will shoot some of the local cars with this being the oldest to as new of a sporty car as I can convince the owner to help me out on.
OldPorschev1_1.jpg
 
DSLRs handle noise too well now-a-days to really get that grainy effect. It's almost a shame in some cases :lol:.

What is the final project assignment?

Mark
 
Final project is to shoot a series of 4-6 related images and creatively display them. I am kind of thinking of alternating between dark and light cars as available, and matting them on a dark display board with some kind of metal trim.
 
OK, that Porsche photo is giving me fits. I seem to lose all contrast when I print. In hindsight, I should have found a darker background, but the idea looked good in my head. I have tried selectively desaturating and lightening the background, but I can't quite get it to pop like I want to. Any advice? This is what I have now:

PorscheEditted.jpg


All other c+c is appreciated. I'm here to learn and I have thick skin.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom