Schwarzwald United Church

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could use a little help / advise. Is there anyway to eliminate the shadow cast across this church? I played with it for two nights but can't pull it off. Maybe it just belongs on the too-hard-to-do list. Thoughts?

View attachment 41766

Last edited:
the horizontal shadow? near the bottom?

Yeah, that's the one.

I could use a little help / advise. Is there anyway to eliminate the shadow cast across this church? I played with it for two nights but can't pull it off. Maybe it's just belongs on the to-hard-to-do list. Thoughts?

Honestly no. Probably best to reshoot if possible.

The big shadows in the middle fm the part of the building that is sticking out.

If you have CS6 you could try the content aware move and patch tools. they have several tolerance settings that may allow you to replace the brick sections without changing the tones. its a new tool in CS6.

I could use a little help / advise. Is there anyway to eliminate the shadow cast across this church? I played with it for two nights but can't pull it off. Maybe it's just belongs on the to-hard-to-do list. Thoughts?

Honestly no. Probably best to reshoot if possible.

The big shadows in the middle fm the part of the building that is sticking out.

If you have CS6 you could try the content aware move and patch tools. they have several tolerance settings that may allow you to replace the brick sections without changing the tones. its a new tool in CS6.

Thanks but re-shooting won't help. It's actually a "flaw" in the lighting

Nope, No CS. I mainly use Paintshop Pro 5. I also have lightroom 4 but haven't spent much time learning it yet.

Thanks guys. It sounds like a sunny / 16 shot for this church. I've been driving by this at night for several years and thought I'd give it a go.

Shoot it when the sun is high and right behind you. Will be NO shadows. :)
Of course you will lose that nice dark sky.

In reality you could use radio controlled flash up close from both sides.

OK, I guess I'm no help....

Thanks Rick, but this is a night shot. Those shadows are from the art. light.

I know but 2 good flashes would overwhelm the yard lights. I actually want to try play with this sometime. I have 2 canon
radio flash units. The RT-600 ones. Just don't know how strong they will be but I guess I can try.

:lol: My lighting gear consists of OCF and two HomeDepot reflectors. Have a plan?

Probably won't work but even with flash I probably would have to use HDR to keep the upper part of the Steeple exposed.
Like I say I'm going to play. You have sparked an interest.... :)

Pull the plug out. Other than that, I have no idea... :scratch:

I think that horse died old buddy. Living will applied. LOl

Most reactions

New Topics

Back