SDHC Card Acting Weird

Steveo555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using a 4gb SDHC card for a couple of months now. I started to make folders in it using the feature in my Nikon D5000. So the other day I made a new folder and took some pictures and then put the card into my laptop to transfer them over.

To my surprise none of my other folders are there anymore!? My laptop shows that my 4 other folders are gone and when I put the card into my camera and try to change which folder I am using it only shows the current one I am in.

However, my camera and laptop still are showing the card has almost full and only having room for about 5 more pictures. So it seems like the folders are still there but hidden.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it. Would getting a recovery software for SDHC cards help??

I would put another card in your camera and see if you are having the same problem with a different card. If you are not having the same problem with the new card, then I would get rid of the old card after you have retrieved your images. The cards are so inexpensive now and once they start to act up it is not worth losing any more of your work trying to figure out a $50 card, there are so many things that can go wrong with them.

Most reactions

Back