Seagullls in flight. Practice makes perfect.

Now you're saying only women can get their feelings hurt? I thought this was a photo site not a soap opera...

I saw this at the top of your post and am wondering what it means?

"[h=2]Seagullls in flight. Practice makes perfect. Bazooka wanted " sharp" Hi Bazooka[/h]"

I'm not sure, but I think you gave the OP some negative C&C on the duck photos in one of his two swamp posts from the other day. I know the reaction I received from the CC I gave on his swamp photo was not called for, but I ignored it at the time. I think Tyler has the right idea -'IGNORE LIST'

"[h=2]Seagullls in flight. Practice makes perfect. Bazooka wanted " sharp" Hi Bazooka[/h]"

I'm not sure, but I think you gave the OP some negative C&C on the duck photos in one of his two swamp posts from the other day. I know the reaction I received from the CC I gave on his swamp photo was not called for, but I ignored it at the time. I think Tyler has the right idea -'IGNORE LIST'

You know it's Howdy Doody time when someone gets offended when their critique is critiqued.
Your critique was ridiculous. Soooo, I made light of it.

Additionally, Tyler hasn't ignored anything as you can plainly see. Yet here you sit with your Tyler has the right idea comment.
What right idea is that, if I may be so bold as to ask?
To sit here and claim to have someone on ignore when CLEARLY that is not the case? How is this the right idea?
There you go being ridiculous again.

Ah, that makes sense... well, your explanation does anyway. The missing punctuation is still throwing me for a loop. Thanks for the clarification.

Ok lets tone down on the silly insults/comments flying about and keep to the photos.

Also if you're going to put someone on your ignore list, just do it, no need to have the last jab posts at them telling them.

When you're good, no one notices. No one says anything.
Oh wait......nothing to focus on. Wait wait wait.............the colors are too dark.
No no no , wait..............I would like it better if the birds didn't have wings! Wait a minute......I don't see anything interesting because I've never seen a landscape before - 6 posts and a new DSLR trying to school me on the rule of thirds.
hahahahahaha. My all time favorite .....its out of focus...( I can't find anything else to say).........from someone who cant read a newspaper with a magnifying glass.
I LOVE THE BEGINNERS FORUM..........I love this forum in it's entirety.

You guys better hope I don't start taking images of kids. That is the day I transform into the MWAC, and everyone will love me. lmao

I am LightSpeed and I approve this message.

Sincerely, LightSpeed.

Irony...

Perhaps you think too highly of your photos? Hmm? I don't see anything spectacular in your subject. And these shots look as though they were taken in full sun which distorts the coloring in the feathers. You were a newbie at one time weren't you?

Perhaps. I nailed down a fairly difficult shot. I am happy with it. The " first one" was shot at roughly mid-day. The 2nd and 3rd........not so much.
But yes, over water would put them in full sun. I'm sure you could have done it better and it would have been more spectacular.

Just can't believe some of the things I see here, sometimes. Often find it hilarious.
Yes I was a newbie at one time.

I've seen ONE image from you and it was a JOKE.
See what I mean? Didn't ask a buncha stupid questions I can easily find the answers to myself. " Like how to post an image on here"
I've worked hard and put my time in to learn the things I can do with a camera and a lens. Had my fair share of botches in the beginning.
The photo forum wasn't here for me to pester everyone with silly crap, either. I've put more time and money, into photography, than you can possibly imagine. But it really wasn't a waste, as you can see.
One of the main things I learned that I feel worthy of mention, is you have to be there to get that shot, and not sitting on here posting your kids pictures so someone can tell you how cute they are.
And that happens ALL the time. That means getting up before sunrise and coming home after dark. Most will drop like flies once they see how trying it can be.......and the disappointments that come with it.
But I won't be one of em.

I'm not finished yet......doubt I ever will be.

Last edited:
good job on difficult shots, though I don't really get why they're all in portrait orientation? Going for extra difficulty points?

Nice pictures. How are they at 100% zoom? It looks like too much noise reduction on some of the pix but still nice pix.

They are still in post processing. And yes, I was going for style points.
It wasn't all that difficult since my camera is gripped.

I've seen ONE image from you and it was a JOKE.
See what I mean? Didn't ask a buncha stupid questions I can easily find the answers to myself. " Like how to post an image on here"
That means getting up before sunrise and coming home after dark. Most will drop like flies once they see how trying it can be.......and the disappointments that come with it.
But I won't be one of em.

I'm not finished yet......doubt I ever will be.[/QUOTE]

What you don't get is that YOU continue to seek approval on your photos on this website, yet YOU feel superior to others on here trying to do the same. Oh and don't forget what YOU think is A good is OR BAD photo is ONLY your opinion which you're entitled to but you aren't a professional either. Good day..

In the first, having the wingtip in shadow hurts it a bit.

In #2 it's to bad your DoF was to shallow to get the far seagull in focus. Lighting and color wise they are poorly separated from the background.

In #3 it's to bad we can only see the back end of the far seagull.

So to me #2 looks to be the closest to being a good image. I can envision an edit to make the seagulls in #2 'pop' better, but you have choosen My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit.

All in all, on a scale of 1-10 in comparison to pro wildlife photos, I give 'em all a 6.

.. All in all, on a scale of 1-10 in comparison to pro wildlife photos, I give 'em all a 6.
That's pretty generous. In comparison to a professional shot I was thinking more along the lines of a 4 or 5. I don't see them as being above average when compared to a professional shot.

The highlights are completely blown in 2 & 3 and to a lesser extent in #1. Absolutely no detail in places. Also, as has already been mentioned, a lot of detail in the feathers has been lost in what appears to have been excessive noise reduction. The other thing that really bothers me is the composition, but of course that's interpretation and not technical.

But, composition is technical. Visual artists have been refining composition for over 2000 years now.

Which is why it behooves any of today's visual artists to study composition so they can avoid making the same mistakes made long ago.

Most reactions

Back