Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Mila: I see what you're saying but I liked the detail of the foreground rocks beneath the water too much to crop it out.
Molested cow: Not too much PP on that one, just the obvious. Sorry you can't see the detail in the distant rocks, I can on my computer. My monitor isn't calibrated so I'm not sure if that could be the problem. :meh:
And the settings for Digimg and the Wanderer:
First one: 15 second exposure on a tripod at f/10. 18mm on my kit lens. Editing done in Lightroom 3. Because I don't have any filters I have to be careful as to not blow out the sky. So taking the shot involved underexposing the foreground to preserve detail in the sky. The editing involved balancing both. For the first i had to burn the upper rocks on both sides of the image. The rest was the basic sliders in lightroom and and two gradient filters.
Last one: 30 second exposure on a tripod at f/10. 18mm on my kit lens. It was much darker by now and this image was much easier to make (aside from dodging waves.

) Editing was simple on this one, nothing much more than the black and white conversion with minor adjustments on the sliders. 2 gradient filters just like the last image: one over the sky to darken it and another over the ground to brighten it.
Thanks for your interest guys!