Second photo excursion to Hamburg (I)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, after all the landscapes and trees and leaves in spring, summer, autumn colours, I suddenly felt like I had by now taken a photo of each and every twig around me (but I fear I won't learn from the experience and still feel the urge to photograph more leaves, trees, twigs, landscapes and whatnot in my immediate surroundings - just because it is here). Nevertheless, I thought Hamburg would have to be on the agenda AT LAST.

And went in first on Tuesday (11-Oct) and again with my husband last Sunday (16-Oct). Now I am in a dilemma. I took too many photos. 199 digital ones that I do not want to bin on Sunday, alone... :roll:

And I am itching to show you.
But do you want to see Hamburg, Hamburg and Hamburg again?

Whatever: for now I have sorted out some that are meant to give you an overall view. A feeling for the place, as far as that can be achieved in photos. Let me tell you that we went to the NICE areas this time, the touristy ones, but NOT the famous ones such as Reeperbahn. No.

We started out at the Old Warehouse District, which is completely listed and in most parts very beautifully restored. The red brick buildings looked their best in the late afternoon sun:

HH01.jpg

HH02.jpg

HH04.jpg

HH05.jpg

HH06.jpg

HH07.jpg

These only give you a very rough idea of the charme of that district... I tried my hands at some close-ups or patterns-only photos or so, but by taking these I also had to find out how much the little lens of my Powershot distorts everything when I am in the wide-angle mode. Oh my! :roll:

Interested in going on on our walk to the new Harbour Town with us?
And maybe later to the Gangway Area, where formerly the big passenger boats used to sail from Hamburg Port? Into the sunset?

"Hamburger Hafen......" I don;t know why, but it was funny to me. Long words over there!

Nice shots, you captured those buildings well, from all angles!

wonderful shots Corinna :mrgreen:
love that last one... awesome colors in the second! nice work.. love to see more :D

Hey, thanks all for the feedback. I will put up more then ... with pleasure, folks, with pleasure :D :D :D.

Excellent series. I really like the 1st, 2nd and last.

I love these shots! How old are these buildings? Now you are making me want to visit Hamburg! :)

Most reactions

Back