Second Positano Pano, Same Spot But Sunset!

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A different night than the other pano I posted and this one was at sunset, also captured from the balcony of our hotel, October 2016. The sunsets were amazing during our stay.

D800, 20mm f/1.8 @ f/7.1, 1/3 sec, ISO 100, 6 shot pano merged in LR and finished in PS

Very nice, but I think I like the "night" shot better of the two.

WesternGuy

Very nice, but I think I like the "night" shot better of the two.

WesternGuy
Thanks for the comment! I actually agree. I personally like the night scene better, but also liked this one well enough to share.

This one was also a bit more "cooked" than I usually do, but the foreground was too much in the shadows to avoid it.

I like them both. How would they look side by side or in one of those dual frames?

Very nice. Is that two rows of three shots that make the pano? Doesn't look wide enough for 6 shots at 20mm...

I like them both. How would they look side by side or in one of those dual frames?
That's not a bad idea, something to consider if I decide to hang them!

Very nice. Is that two rows of three shots that make the pano? Doesn't look wide enough for 6 shots at 20mm...
Thanks! It's one row of portrait orientation images. I overlapped them by probably about 50% instead of the normal 30%, so that accounts for some of the compression. I also cropped the final image a bit because of distortion caused by the blending process.

Great shot and I like the night view also in another post! Wow.

A little off topic....what gear did you bring and how was it handled by airline? Tripod packed or carry on etc....
Any info appreciated and yes, I will check with my own airline etc..
Thanks.

Great shot and I like the night view also in another post! Wow.

A little off topic....what gear did you bring and how was it handled by airline? Tripod packed or carry on etc....
Any info appreciated and yes, I will check with my own airline etc..
Thanks.
I paired down my kit significantly for this trip because of how long we were over there. I quickly ran out of room... I brought my D800 but left my grip at home, 20mm f/1.8, 24-70 f/2.8, and 70-300 f/4-6.3. 90% of my shooting was with my 24-70 and if i did it over again id probably leave the 70-300 at home. Only used it a couple times.

I used a Benro travel tripod which was sufficient. I put the tripod in checked luggage but had everything else in a satchel that I carried on as my personal item. I also had my carry-on bag. I didn' have any issues with the airlines, and we probably flew 5 different airlines during the trip. I would check each airlines policy in carry-on vs. personal item before deciding how to pack.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back