Second shooter for wedding

TCUphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm doing my first wedding this weekend, as the second shooter. Any suggestions from second shooters or those who use second shooters?

Thanks

I second shoot a lot. I think a key factor is that you try to 'stay on the same page' as the other shooter. In other words, if they are covering one angle, you should probably be covering another angle. And make sure to say out of their shots and don't get them in your shots.

I've heard a few stories about 2nd shooters who only seem interested in building their own portfolio, or consider themselves above being 'just an assistant'. When I'm on the job, it's all hands on deck. I'll do whatever is needed to achieve the goal, which is to create the best photos for the client (B&G). So if that means I have to put down my camera and hold a light, a reflector or just fluff the dress between shots...then that's what I do.

I second shoot a lot. I think a key factor is that you try to 'stay on the same page' as the other shooter. In other words, if they are covering one angle, you should probably be covering another angle. And make sure to say out of their shots and don't get them in your shots.

I've heard a few stories about 2nd shooters who only seem interested in building their own portfolio, or consider themselves above being 'just an assistant'. When I'm on the job, it's all hands on deck. I'll do whatever is needed to achieve the goal, which is to create the best photos for the client (B&G). So if that means I have to put down my camera and hold a light, a reflector or just fluff the dress between shots...then that's what I do.

My first time second shooting, that's how I was. Just took snapshots the whole time. Heck, I didn't know any better. Definitely don't do that.

ASK the main shooter where they want you, or what they need, and check back in to make sure they are all set from time to time.

One other thing, that helps ALOT from my experience, is to make sure that the time on your camera's is synced, and you both reset your shot count, so that it's easier to sort the photos into the proper order in post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back