General Photography Contest Website

alyon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys! A friend and I are working on a website for general photography. It's called Photo Love. (Photos! - Photolove.us) Users can post a photo once a day or "vote up" other user's photos. The photos with the most votes are pushed to the top of the web page. Each week the contest starts all over again. The website is invite only to promote good quality photos, and we're looking for both skilled amateur and pro photographers. Right now there are no prizes, the point is to gain exposure and have fun. Once we get a lot of users we plan to have monthly contests for prizes. Do you guys think this is a good idea? I'm wondering if in the beginning we should allow anyone to join so we can quickly develop a user base.

i would allow anyone to join so you can get a better user base and then restrict it if you feel like it

What is the prize for the contest?

What are the restrictions and requirements on photos (can they be watermarked)?

Do the photographers grant you any rights to use the photos posted? Will they be used anywhere other than the site?

Sounds like someone uploaded a hot-or-not script. Let me guess, this website will be loaded with ads once you start getting some traffic?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back