Second Wife... Well second set of first wife

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, got my wife to pose again for me. Some CC would be great!

4627703885_587a04da3a_o.jpg

She didn't want this one posted... So here it is!

4627704133_23e7da6222_o.jpg

Not bad... I think the white balance is a bit off...

Yours...

My edit whith adjusted White Balance...

Just my 2 cents...

Ya, the color you changed the image to looks way to blue/green. I used custom WB and had it set just before the photos were shot.

Nice picture, good placement of the subject. I like that you chose a simple background, but maybe the color is too neutral with the pink shirt. I'm still trying to get my head around color matching for portraits though, so I may be off on that.

I agree, your original is good WB, and the edit posted is too blue/green.

Agree the WB in the original is just fine.

I really like the rusted metal background, but it may distract attention a bit too much from the portrait.

She didn't want this one posted... So here it is!

Keep that up and you might need a second wife... :lol:

Whoever did the first edit....... blah.

A couple of notes. When shooting people with rounder facial features, you can minimalize that by 1) shooting with your camera position slightly higher than eye level, 2) have them place their weight on their forward foot, 3) extend their chin forward towards the camera and 4) have the main lighting higher to create shadows to lengthen the facial features. Better yet, do not shoot a full face mask, rather try a 2/3 or profile position.

Nice looking lady. Only needs a bit more time to become comfortable in front of the camera. The squint is not pleasing. Have her to exaggerate the open eye (surprised) look slightly.

A couple of notes. When shooting people with rounder facial features, you can minimalize that by 1) shooting with your camera position slightly higher than eye level, 2) have them place their weight on their forward foot, 3) extend their chin forward towards the camera and 4) have the main lighting higher to create shadows to lengthen the facial features. Better yet, do not shoot a full face mask, rather try a 2/3 or profile position.

Nice looking lady. Only needs a bit more time to become comfortable in front of the camera. The squint is not pleasing. Have her to exaggerate the open eye (surprised) look slightly.

Thank you,

She hates being in front of the camera. I'll keep all of that in mind. THe last image I posted said they would have rather seen the face more at a straight on angle. I can never win lol.

She makes for good practice since she changes her look every week. She's 7mo pregnant so its like shooting a different person every week. :mrgreen:

She's 7mo pregnant so its like shooting a different person every week. :mrgreen:
That explains a lot and congratz. This is truely the time to hone your skills. With the new arrival, the sound of pitter-patter will be a while, but click-click-click will be deafening.

It looks like you're after portrait head shots from your examples. And again, this is good training ground for the new-born. There are three basic positions of the "mask". The mask portrays the likeliness of a person and is basically around the hairline or supposed hairline if not present. They are 1) Full Face - both ears being equal in size and square on to camera, 2) 2/3's - the far ear is not seen and the nose does not break the cheek line and 3) Profile - exactly 1/2 of the mask (face).

Undoubtly when the baby arrives, you will be snap-snap-snapping. But be aware of the mask. Camera position should be at eye level or slightly above. Obviously you can deviate from tradition, but I would suggest to concentrate on those three first as a foundation. Build upon that at a later date.

Again, congratz and keep shooting.

Thanks, I again will keep all of that in mind. That is the first time I have heard the mask explanation. I am more interested in portrait photography than anything else. Any good sites or readings that you would recommend?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back