Selection of portraits

cuha1423

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, first post here lol hope you can give me some pointers :) I've posted these previously on an australian forum, just thought i'd share here.

Lucy:

Lucy_by_cuha.jpg

Portrait of a psycho :

portrait_of_a_serial_killer_by_cuha.jpg

...art?

___art__by_cuha.jpg

and "moment"

Moment_by_cuha.jpg

any thoughts?

That one of Lucy really grabbed my eye. The blown out area in the upper right is a bit distracting, so I cropped some of it out. I did a little work on this one, including curves, some dodging and burning to even out the exposure, color balance, etc. I tried the get the face to have the same kind of interesting feel as the hands without making everything too dirty. The eyes still need more work. They are a little washed out. What do you think?

Lucy_by_cuha-mod.jpg

I also thought that it might look good in b&w. This is conversion using mostly green channel and a duotone with TRUMATCH 9-f1.

Lucy_by_cuha-mod2.jpg

I really like the portrait of Lucy, especially with the enhancing markc added. It really makes the image pop.

I also really like the portrait of a psycho. The lighting and composition are fantastic. I tried to edit it a bit, but finally came to the realization that anything I did took away from the image. I tried upping the contrast and sharpening the image, but decided it was just right just the way it was. Well done!

The photo of Lucy is precious and Mark did some wonderful enhancements of it (which he could not have done to a photo that had not been this good to begin with, so you gave him the platform for his work). I really like how this is ever so natural with her dirty little hands!

And I like "moment".
I like the light in that one and how it shapes and forms his facial features.
It is not easy to take photos of a person who lies on his back. Our faces fall back and we usually look quite drawn. But here the light makes up for that fact. Well done!

Ooooh! I wanna play!! LOL! Here's what I came up with. Since all the focus should be on these hands and that orange, I think this is a good alternative to help with that. Hope you like it!

lucybycuhaxe5.jpg

that really is a beautiful capture . . . i'd be really proud if that were mine. GOOD JOB!!!

Love the Lucy picture!!! Like how the last person cropped it! Likle it in b and w as well. beautiful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back