Self portrait.... C&C

MariannaMills

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
marianna-mills.artistwebsites.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I take self portraits in the last 2.5 years in my life periodically, this is one of the latests one, back in this year May.
I know it's blurry, but for some reason I still like it...any thoughts?

I like it. The softness is definitely necessary. If this was sharp it would be pretty blah, but the expression and the softness together make this kind of moody and interesting.

The slight glow around your head is nice, for some reason. Maybe just because it separates you from the background a bit, but maybe there's an ethereal quality there too.

I like it, kind of borderline...reality.

Nothing about it works for me. It looks like a web cam pic. Your flower one you just posted on the other hand, I think looks great.

I've known Marianna for quite a while. She does a lot of self-portraits. While I'm not crazy about the one she posted above, this is one of my favorites, taken at about the same time.

I like the downward gaze, sad but hopeful eyes and hint of a smile:

$Picture1.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. The softness is definitely necessary. If this was sharp it would be pretty blah, but the expression and the softness together make this kind of moody and interesting.

The slight glow around your head is nice, for some reason. Maybe just because it separates you from the background a bit, but maybe there's an ethereal quality there too.

Agreed.

While the quality is pretty sub-standard I think the image does capture the mood well enough.

Thank you for your comment. It was very interesting to read it, how you feel about my portrait.

I've known Marianna for quite a while. She does a lot of self-portraits. While I'm not crazy about the one she posted above, this is one of my favorites, taken at about the same time.

I like the downward gaze, sad but hopeful eyes and hint of a smile:

View attachment 54936

Thanks Murray... :hug::

Agreed.

While the quality is pretty sub-standard I think the image does capture the mood well enough.

Yep! I agree.
As I said in my opening post, it's not a good quality image, but how you said it too, it does capture the mood well enough...thank you for your input.

Most reactions

Back