Self portrait in front of weeds.

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are hard. Disregard the wireless remote. Very hard to fire the wireless. I liked the timer a lot better. Very hard to focus using a shallow DOF. Interesting experiment.
$me-1.jpg

Yea, I've got one like that of me and my wife. The next shot I set it to a 2-second delay so the remote wasn't in the frame.

Yea, I've got one like that of me and my wife. The next shot I set it to a 2-second delay so the remote wasn't in the frame.

So you used the remote AND a two second delay? Sounds like a good idea. I was going to say that if the remote was in your other hand it would not have been visible, but then perhaps it would not have pointed straight enough at the camera to trigger the shutter? All around I like this photograph, although I'm not very adept at portrait photography so take that for what it's worth. The background looks very nice, except for that sliver of bluish light at the top.

These are hard. Disregard the wireless remote. Very hard to fire the wireless. I liked the timer a lot better. Very hard to focus using a shallow DOF. Interesting experiment.

I agree, the hardest part for me is getting the focus. On my T3i, I can use the wireless with a delay, it give me time to hide the remote. (But that may be the difference of a beginner and a pro camera) I'm not lucky to have a mk iii.

I always focus on a little tiny ultralight light stand I have around, which I use for pretty much no other purpose. Then I find my mark, and stand on it.

Then take a few exposures, because that's only good for +/- an inch or so.

I read a tip recently to set it to take multiple shots (with one button press). Press remote then drop it for the additional shots.

So you used the remote AND a two second delay?

That is just one of the modes one may select with the remote. I was taking a full-length shot of a middle-age couple, and the first shot showed the little light of the remote.

I don't mind the remote in the photo. It subtly tells the viewer the photo is a self-portrait. Holding the remote is kind of an accepted visual trope...I mean...it says, "I have a high-tech remote release for my modern camera." It's the new, modern version of the 20 foot long air bulb release!

I agree, the hardest part for me is getting the focus. On my T3i, I can use the wireless with a delay, it give me time to hide the remote. (But that may be the difference of a beginner and a pro camera) I'm not lucky to have a mk iii.
I have no clue what I am doing with this remote thing. I pretty much had to hold it straight out to get it to fire. It kinda sucked. It may have other options. I need to look at the manual.

Actually, the hardest part for me is looking at the picture once I've taken it. :)

I always focus on a little tiny ultralight light stand I have around, which I use for pretty much no other purpose. Then I find my mark, and stand on it.

Then take a few exposures, because that's only good for +/- an inch or so.

This is exactly how I've done it but I've never been able to achieve really sharp focus. But then I haven't tried too many times.

I pretty much had to hold it straight out to get it to fire.

They seem to have a narrow beam, so it needs to be pointed right at the camera.

It's even harder with a wired trigger like mine thats so short your face would be almost planted in the front glass element.Nice shot,nice color.Now looking at a pretty face, who is going to nit over the wireless trigger.

It's even harder with a wired trigger like mine thats so short your face would be almost planted in the front glass element.Nice shot,nice color.Now looking at a pretty face, who is going to nit over the wireless trigger.
Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back