Self Portrait - new tattoo!

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my chest piece finished.

I also tried some new editing techniques. I don't mind em, but they add noise. A work in progress I suppose.

1812703220_008248c988.jpg

I think (I'm at work right now so I don't have the tiff here) I did my basic stuff (curves, dodge/burn), but also

> duplicated the bg layer and did a medium hi-pass filter over it
> put a brown photo filter over it, at 35% and opacity 75%
> relatively strong USM

I will double check at home when I get the chance and post changes if there are any! Thanks, btw.

Look forward to it ! :) I think its HDRish but better. I hate the way HDR looks on peoples skin BUT I love the edgy feel ...

Thanks. I'm also tired of HDR. I tried to position lights so that the edges would pop more when I did my post-processing - I think it worked out okay.

my comment has nothing to do with the PP techniques you used.. I do like what you've done.. but with the photo itself.. perhaps if you would have raised the camera height just about a foot highter, the pose itself would have had a bit more of drama\attitude... i can't think of the right word. overall though, I don't mind it!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was in my basement and my tripod was maxed out (and then some). Plus I didn't want to get the dreaded 'myspace angle', haha. Thanks though.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was in my basement and my tripod was maxed out (and then some). Plus I didn't want to get the dreaded 'myspace angle', haha. Thanks though.

Ah, don't worry about it coming across like a Myspace pic! I agree with JCleveland, the high angle would've have been cool. Besides, it's not a real Myspace pic unless the white balance and focus are both way off, and you're holding the camera yourself, rolling your eyes to the side and puckering your lips. :thumbup:

Nice post-processing - I like it! I like that you didn't go way overboard with it, either. I've played around with similar techniques, and I think I've found a place I like too, but I'm not sure how I feel about the noise. I guess that's just part of the whole grungy, edgy package.

Cool pic, man! And nice ink, too!

Neato! I wouldn't want one there, seems like it would hurt a bunch ooch!

Cool pic, even cooler tatoo...enough said!

Thanks guys.

@ Universal: yeah, I tried a few versions but it takes a little bit to figure out the right balance of 'grunge' or whathaveyou to edit. Some were totally overdone, but I like this one. But I'm with you on the noise - I'm going to see what running Noise Ninja does.

@JimmyJaceyMom: it hurt SO BAD. The sternum was way worse than any part of my half-sleeve by about 200%.

Methinks the post above is spam. Notice the hyperlinking of the word tattoo?

Also had he read the OP's opening line "I got my chest piece finished." he perhaps wouldn't be asking the question he is.

Nice pic, by the way... I wish my PP skills were up to your standards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back