leeya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelahalpin.com
self_portrait.jpg
im new to this site..

Nice way to welcome her to TPF MD! :)

I really like this. It's different. I'd really like to see the blue in both eyes, though.

Interesting composition to the photo. A different take on the usual self-port. The only thing that bugs me about this photo is the shadow from the blinds landing almost on your left eye. That and the angle of them, if they were not an acute angle it would of framed your facial features better imho.

I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped or editted with some program because the shadows don't have dynamics... they don't bend. If that's the case and you still have the original, make it so both eyes show. Just my two cents.

Wow, i like it alot cause's
Its different from the self portaits i'm used to see
Its simple
and its has a little sense of "mistery"
I love the shadows !!

great shot :wink:

and welcome :goodvibe:

I have to disagree with the "two eye" theory. I love that only one eye is bright blue and very visible. It is assumed that the other eye is the same and therefor not necessary (just like we all assume she has legs, even though we can't see them). With both eyes clear and completely visible, you would be drawn only to them, but the photo has so much more to offer. I do, however, find the hand very distracting. It appears to be a fake pose, not a natural photo (granted, it is a portrait). I would like to see it without the hand and with some of the bottom cropped off, maybe about to the second knot of the braid.

I have to disagree with the "two eye" theory. I love that only one eye is bright blue and very visible. It is assumed that the other eye is the same and therefor not necessary (just like we all assume she has legs, even though we can't see them). With both eyes clear and completely visible, you would be drawn only to them, but the photo has so much more to offer. I do, however, find the hand very distracting. It appears to be a fake pose, not a natural photo (granted, it is a portrait). I would like to see it without the hand and with some of the bottom cropped off, maybe about to the second knot of the braid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back