self-portrait

sdmelissa3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have to do a self-portrait and need some ideas to use. My area isn't very scenic. So most of this will have to be indoors. any ideas?

IMO, set the lens to a pretty small f/#(f/2.8-4) that'll drown out the background.....i think the shutter speed should be determined with how much light there is(slow if not much light or fast if there is plenty).

but really, i think, a small aperture with the proper shutter speed should give you a pretty good portrait.

hope this helps you out a bit
good luck!:thumbup:

sdmelissa3 said:
I have to do a self-portrait and need some ideas to use. My area isn't very scenic. So most of this will have to be indoors. any ideas?

Yep loads!

First of all, background. No clutter, preferably a contrasting tone neutral in texture. As mentioned low f-stop.

Secondly lighting. Get a table lamp, tape a sheet of A4 to it and get a soft side light approaching you slightly from below.

Thirdly tripod.

Fourthly, Low ISO

Fifthly, self-timer or preferably a friend.

Rob

Rob, I like the idea with the lighting, I never thought of that! It doesn't compare to the real thing I imagine but does this really diffuse the light that well? Would it be suitable for doing table top macro work?

Most reactions

Back