Self Portraits for C&C

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i finally got off my lazy butt and got a tripod and set up my camera to tether off a spare laptop I have. I took these and did some basic PP. They dont seem like much being in front of the camera is alot more challenging then I thought. What do you guys think of them?

Smoking is Bad....Mmmkay! by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

I Just Want to SCREAM! by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Why oh Why! by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Speak No Evil by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Please, No more photos by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Last edited:
the sequence of expressions was definitely not planned....lol but now that do see it, it is kinda ironic and funny....

I like the last one best.

Expressions aside, they are poorly exposed... These look like on camera flash with questionable camera settings... not sure if you actually want c&c or if you are just having fun....

they were shot with a 430 ex II. not on camera. i was more or less having fun after tethering my canon to my laptop

Which ones do you prefer and why? Was the focus good? How was the lighting, was it equal on all areas of your face? Do you have a preference based on whether or not you were looking at the camera? Which would you consider unique? Were any just 'ordinary' or 'common poses? Do you think your viewers would share the same emotion if you had not included titles? Were the closer views your favorite distance? Did exposure settings, ISO or shutter speed make any difference? What if the background was a color or black? What if you tried having a strong light come in from one side?

BTW I found B+W was effective. Keep experimenting. You had fun with this. Keep it going! For me the most imaginative one was the last one.

Most reactions

Back