self portraits?

kfin22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay so after a bazillion shots all i ended up liking was this one picture. it was so hard to get my camera in focus and then get into the picture while the timer was going off. most of my shots were further away but i hated them so i remembered the saying about getting closer. anyway, any critique and advice about self portraits? i think i should definitely invest in a remote. (lol and i already know alot of people aren't going to the like pp)

5v6lom.jpg

One trick to SP's is to find an object that you can focus on where your eyes will be. I'll use lightstands, but if you don't have them, prop a broom against the back of a chair or anything on hand that will be easy to move out of frame. Get sharp focus, then turn AF off. Stop down the lens so that you have more wiggle room with regard to DoF (depth of field) in case you don't hit your mark exactly.

Where abouts in NC? I'm in the Raleigh area.

One trick to SP's is to find an object that you can focus on where your eyes will be. I'll use lightstands, but if you don't have them, prop a broom against the back of a chair or anything on hand that will be easy to move out of frame. Get sharp focus, then turn AF off. Stop down the lens so that you have more wiggle room with regard to DoF (depth of field) in case you don't hit your mark exactly.

Where abouts in NC? I'm in the Raleigh area.

Yeah...ask her where she lives...LOL!!!!

thats actually a good idea using a broom .. ive heard of the stuffed animal thing but it was hard to do that since i was standing

& i live about 3 hrs from raleigh lol

okay so after a bazillion shots all i ended up liking was this one picture. it was so hard to get my camera in focus and then get into the picture while the timer was going off. most of my shots were further away but i hated them so i remembered the saying about getting closer. anyway, any critique and advice about self portraits? i think i should definitely invest in a remote. (lol and i already know alot of people aren't going to the like pp)

5v6lom.jpg

Beautiful pic......

SP's are so ****ing hard to do without making yourself look like an idiot. I like this :) and you're very pretty!

I did a couple today (well not really portraits, just landscape shots with me looking like an idiot in) I wouldn't normally share them on TPF because they have no photographic technicality to them, just stuck it on P mode. But this was the scariest, I had 5 seconds to run to the end of the cliff and sit down.. without falling off.
akCB4.jpg

I dont care for the "hazy" look (perhaps its the PP?) I think it takes away from the shot, and gives it to much of a cool, cloudy/noisy tone to it. I think your very pretty, and have a beautiful smile... you should try to retake it and get a little more crisp and clear shot. What settings/ aperture were you shooting in??

Really pretty but you're right, I don't like the PP. It gives your skin a jaundice type of look, and makes your eyes look dull. I like the highlights in your hair, btw! :)

Really pretty but you're right, I don't like the PP. It gives your skin a jaundice type of look, and makes your eyes look dull. I like the highlights in your hair, btw! :)
I agree with the jaundice look... looks something just not sure what.. must be the PP. :meh:

Make that ur avatar and watch the guys go gaga over u :) LOL
I think I like the pic and the PP is fine w/ me because knowing that you wanted to get that look which you mentioned already in your original post. Good job!

somethng has been bugging me about this picture and after reading the comment about the eyes being dull i realized thats what it was... is there anything i can do with pp to make them stand out a little more? anyone willing to give it a try and let me know how they did it?

lets see the e-humping begin!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back