Selfie with a Doggie (C&C)

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this picture of him last week and decided to try my first time ever self-portrait (as opposed to 'selfie' with a phone) by imitating the image.

This was also my first time actively putting my OCFs/reflector/umbrellas to use in a thoughtful way.

Co-starring in this picture is Roxy, the Mini Schnauzer, sporting her new haircut.

Please feel free to critique, especially the lighting and posing! I wish I hadn't clipped my left elbow!

Thank you!

SelfPortraitTPF.jpg

ISO-100, f/9, 1/160-sec

Lighting:
--Camera right - OCF with reflective umbrella
--Camera left - white reflector
--Camera left - bare flash against wall

Last edited:
I think this is great! You've done really well to imitate the original.

I love that you've made it seem candid, even though it wasn't. Really nice BW conversion, too. Good job!

I like it too :)

well done!

Fantastic! I love it! :)

Nicely done. Don't worry about the elbow - the image is cropped tightly on the bottom too, so just crop a little on the left side.

Agreed - this is really great! I don't care about the elbow either. Even if it's a mistake, it's insignificant because the rest of the picture commands the attention. I love that Roxy is looking directly at the camera.

Thanks all! Appreciate the kind words! :smile:

I think this is great! You've done really well to imitate the original.

I love that you've made it seem candid, even though it wasn't. Really nice BW conversion, too. Good job!
Thank you! I love your portraits (and aspire to be as good as you one day), so your comments mean a lot to me. I was hoping I made it seem candid, despite that it was intentionally posed.

Nicely done. Don't worry about the elbow - the image is cropped tightly on the bottom too, so just crop a little on the left side.
Thanks! I'll see what I can do with the cropping tonight!

Agreed - this is really great! I don't care about the elbow either. Even if it's a mistake, it's insignificant because the rest of the picture commands the attention. I love that Roxy is looking directly at the camera.
Thank you! It took a few tries for Roxy to actually look at the camera. :wink:

Because the dog put me up there.

Very nice. Roxy should be in pictures :)
Thank you! She should be! She loves the camera, but not direction. Trying to get her to do anything involves an inordinate amount of treats. :icon_tongue:

Oh! This is excellent! I love it. I'd like to try it myself, but it might look funny with a mastiff. ;-)

Oh! This is excellent! I love it. I'd like to try it myself, but it might look funny with a mastiff. ;-)
Thanks! :smile: Definitely don't try it with a mastiff. Unless you did it the other way around?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back