Selling Canon 5d Mark II

Reaction score
Website
www.ikandiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
selling my brand new Mark II , (5 days old) 28-70 2.8 L Lens, 580EF flash, 3 year mack warranty- $4100.00

I purchased this and then fell in love with the Nikon D700. Of course if i dont sell this one, i'll keep it and prob learn to love it. But it's worth a try since most are on backorder.
Flash and Lens are in excellent condition.

if its only 5 days old why not simply return it to the store for a full refund? I doubt you would be able to sell it for more than you bought it for. Even if the store is online most have returns periods the worst would be paying for postage and packaging to send it back.

if its only 5 days old why not simply return it to the store for a full refund? I doubt you would be able to sell it for more than you bought it for. Even if the store is online most have returns periods the worst would be paying for postage and packaging to send it back.

They are closed today but I may call them Mon and see if they will let me do an exchange for the Nikon. I bought it online and it their return policy says you have to have everything unopened, original packaging..etc. I have the box of course, but took the peices that were inside the box out and threw it away. I was for sure i was keeping it until i played with a Nikon last night. The guy at a local store here in STL told me i may be able to sell it on Craigslist since all of the stores here have a list of people waiting for backorder cameras. So i tried craigslist and thought i would try this site just out of curiosity. But i'll call the Co. mon and see about an exchange if nobody is interested.

Well good luck :)
though I would caution you to make sure your making the right choice in this - your spending a lot of money and shifting systems without really having a chance to get to know the camera - if you can't make a return it might be worth keeping the camera for a week or two and giving it a try out - you might find that you really like it.
I say this only as with your current line of thinking it can be very easy to get into a rut where your always chasing the next camera body which can leave you well out of pocket, not shooting as much and also not enjoying yourself

Well good luck :)
though I would caution you to make sure your making the right choice in this - your spending a lot of money and shifting systems without really having a chance to get to know the camera - if you can't make a return it might be worth keeping the camera for a week or two and giving it a try out - you might find that you really like it.
I say this only as with your current line of thinking it can be very easy to get into a rut where your always chasing the next camera body which can leave you well out of pocket, not shooting as much and also not enjoying yourself

Very wise advice and I really appreciate it ! I think it's the lens that is throwing me off. I have the 28-70 and its SO heavy for my little hands and Im not getting as sharp pics as I would like. I think a IS lens would be better suited for me. Thanks again!

are you shooting at f2.8 whilst indoors?
only when you shoot at f2.8 your depth of field is very small which causes many shots to look like the focus has missed when, in actuallity, it has hit, but is so fine that it can't cover the whole face/subject.
Try stopping down to f4 or f5.6 and using the flash to bring up the lighting levels for you (

Most reactions

Back