Semi-abstract...

TBaraki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.talkbass.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was exploring some buildings at school with a friend of mine and stumbled across these vents on the roof. All comments or suggestions welcome.:D

roofventsPB.jpg

i like it....wierd vents but....i like it

cool shot, i reall like the texture of the roof. suggestions... i suggest who ever installed those vents should lay off the crack.

-Joe

I like it, great subject, although the vents seem a bit crowed in the frame towards the top. I think it would be interesting to try a different angle on this perhaps with the vents ruinning more horizonatly across the frame.

I really like the mix of sizes and black and white tubing, aswell as the seemingly random placement of the vents.

pursuer said:
I like it, great subject, although the vents seem a bit crowed in the frame towards the top. I think it would be interesting to try a different angle on this perhaps with the vents ruinning more horizonatly across the frame.

I'd have to agree. From the angle this was shot, it was quite awkward to compose. Unfortunately, this awkwardness arises from the fact that this section of roof can only be seen from one window on the top floor of my building.:meh: If it were possible, I would really like to shoot this from the other side:
  1. The light would be coming from a more useful direction. (behind/beside the camera, as opposed to head on)
  2. I would have a better backdrop.

I had to crop out the roof corner to get at all close to a appealing frame.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Most reactions

Back