Senior Session on the Farm

Really nice stuff!

Here a proof that the 18-105mm VR kit lens is not that bad as people might think.

Actually, the 18-105 VR lens acquits itself QUITE well...it's on par or slightly better than the Canon 24-105-L series zoom in some internet-based tests I linked to a few weeks back. I bought an 18-105 and my wife snagged it as "her lens" within a couple of weeks.
Modern zoom lenses are actually AMAZING compared to the junk we had in the 1980's...these new designs, new ways of making aspherical elements using moulded plastics and with newer grinding methods, etc,etc, have made these wide-ratio zoom lenses MUCH, much better than some old-timers seem to understand. For lighter-duty, careful uses, these newer, wide-ratio zoom lenses are pretty good!

Thank you everyone.

number 3 looks like it could be from a clothing ad

it would of been funny if he packed some tobacco behind his lip

are these all natural lighting ? were you using any flashes, reflectors?

are these all natural lighting ? were you using any flashes, reflectors?
Sorry for my delayed reply. I have been out of town. All of these were shot using a homemade beauty dish. There is a link at the bottom of the first page.

You managed to create a very nice, "illustrative" type of lighting, you converted a negative,resistant client into a willing, enthusiastic client, made him happy, made his mom happy, and in general pulled this assignment off with aplomb. Congratulations!

Agreed :)

Now to check out your beauty dish... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back