Senior Shoot (lg share!)

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My very first senior girl shoot! Sorry for the large share. Lots of favorites.

paigewilks.com.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-2.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-3.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-4.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-5.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-7.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-8.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-9.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-10.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-11.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

paigewilks.com-12.jpg by paige_w, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not bad; I would like to see more life in the eyes as they seem rather dark; the overall exposures and focus are good, minor nits are the tree growing out of her head in #5, the bra strap visible in #s 5&6 (You know what to do!) and the cropped digits in #6.

Thanks :D I know about the bra strap...actually, she had on a strapless bra and what is showing is a pink camisole shirt. But yes, it does bug me that it shows under her arm :er:

I can see about half of them (my firewall doesn't like Flickr). But one thing that stands out is that many of the shots are horizontal/landscape while she is clearly taller than she is wide.

I know that this has been discussed and joked about around here....for a long time. But I think it's a valid point. Some of the ones I'm seeing, would probably be 'better' portraits if they had less empty background and more of the subject.

To me #4, she doesn't need to be so close to the edge and you could have cropped some of the left side off to make her more prominent in the frame. JMO.

Thanks Mike! There are four vertical shots posted and many more in her gallery. I made sure to get a wide variety for her ;)

Funny about #4 as it is one of my favorites from the session! To each his own I suppose :cheers: (The clients bought it btw)

This is the secondary "life cycle" of portraiture we've been marketing to these past 4-years--our primary is family portraits--and it's also where we have the most FUN because these kids allow us CREATIVE FREEDOM!

I think you did well--aside from some technical problems which I will get to.

One of the most important things you captured here was some of her personality--you've got smiles, some introspective looks, not always looking at the camera--some really nice images!

On to the technical:

#1. under exposed. The background tonality is too close to her hair's tonality--Needs better seperation.

#2. Too high an angle this close.

#3 & 4. My favorites; great background in #3. Number 4's setting is really nice and she's placed well ( yes, she is too close to the edge of your frame! ) and I would like to see her lower her left leg some--anything to minimize that hedious dress! Do you do a clothing consultation?

#5. OMG she's been consumed in a Pillar of Daisies!

#6. over exposed

#7. under exposed

The last four have good flesh tones and a nice variety of poses--watch the hands; in #8 she's holding her hair as if it was a cell-phone!

So, watch your exposures ( Histogram! ) and keep on doing what you're doing. Have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back