Sequence Photo: How to?

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to take some sequence photos this winter of my friends' skiing talent.
I would use a 8fps setting on my Nikon F5.
a) Do I use the multiple exposure option?
b) If so, how do I compensate with exposure?
c) Select Program mode for this?
d) Is this a technique unique to photoshop?
This is an example of the result I am looking to achieve: http://www.212artists.com/images/bo/Ski.jpg

Your link is blocked for me at work, however, assuming I understand you correctly, you simply want a stop-motion sequence of someone skiing, so yes, use your fastest frame rate, and track the skier; there's no req't for multiple exposures, nor compensation. Exposure itself may be slightly tricky as you'll want to shoot this fully manualy if possible to ensure constant shutter speed and DoF, so pre-plan, be alert for shadow areas etc where the exposure settings could change. Nothing really to do with photoshop, esp as you are shooting film.

In PS,

-->File
-->Automate
-->PhotoMerge

Your link is blocked for me at work, however, assuming I understand you correctly, you simply want a stop-motion sequence of someone skiing, so yes, use your fastest frame rate, and track the skier; there's no req't for multiple exposures, nor compensation. Exposure itself may be slightly tricky as you'll want to shoot this fully manualy if possible to ensure constant shutter speed and DoF, so pre-plan, be alert for shadow areas etc where the exposure settings could change.

sweet. thanks. but without using the multiple exposure option, how will they be in the same frame?

Nothing really to do with photoshop, esp as you are shooting film.

well, i can scan....

sweet. thanks. but without using the multiple exposure option, how will they be in the same frame?

He misunderstood because he can't see the link. These instructions would be good for consecutive exposures, which could later be blended in something like Photoshop, but to get the effect like you showed in the traditional fashion you will need to use multiple exposures. Also be sure to use a tripod to keep that background steady.

He misunderstood because he can't see the link. These instructions would be good for consecutive exposures, which could later be blended in something like Photoshop, but to get the effect like you showed in the traditional fashion you will need to use multiple exposures. Also be sure to use a tripod to keep that background steady.
Ahhh... I got it now. Thanks for sorting that out.

Most reactions

Back