Sequoia Forest Pt I

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Drove up to the Sequoia National Forest yesterday. Hadn't been up there in years. Last time was long before I started taking photos. I was shocked to see how much of tha land had been ravished by fire :(

Acres and acres of burnt and dead trees. Aside from that, it was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, not a cloud in the sky. I really think some cloud cover would have been nice for these shots? We didn't go up real high, to where the giant Sequoia's are, but it was still nice.

A couple of these shots I took with the intention of converting to b/w. But, once I started converting, I liked them all in b/w better :biggrin: Well, except for the one with the river. But it was pretty much ruined from the bright sun anyways. I knew it when I took it, but I had to try. I'll post the other pictures in Pt II. And one other color pic in Pt II to show the deep blue sky.

43125705-L.jpg

43125715-L.jpg

43125719-L.jpg

43125732-L.jpg

43125738-L.jpg

Well, sometimes it takes another set of eyes or a second opinion. Since my Wife was with me, there were a couple that she liked better in color. She said the color helps her remember how pretty the colors were. And...I agree with her :mrgreen: So here's two of them in color.

43129867-L.jpg

43129868-L.jpg

You so need to get some infra red film. This location is begging for it.

Thanks to all!

mygrain...I must have told my Wife 15 times yesterday that I wish I was shooting IR. I only shoot digital, but I think some of the spots are IR filter worthy. Now I just have to get an IR filter for that lens :confused:

Nice images; particularly the first one. However the others are a bit troublesome...by putting an object in the center of the frame pretty much takes your eye off the other wonderful images...maybe move around a little if you can and see if you can't find some other perspectives?

Good beginnings, all. Keep up the work.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

Back