Serious kid's portraits c&c please

I really like this one. It shows emotion. As for your question, I don't believe that photos of children HAVE to be of them cheery and smiley. With any picture I think it has to show some sort of emotion or personality. Your other pictures seemed "snapshottish" to me. But this one on the other hand is wonderful.

Agreed. This new B&W one tells us a story which is what the others lacked, plus the natural light is much better.

I love almost all of the pictures of your daughter, especially her looking out the window. But why you would choose to enhance the pink in a boy's lips in a selective coloring B&W picture is a mystery to me.. Boys don't go for color-enhanced lips....ever... You might as well have painted his fingernails.

Great shots, otherwise.

I love almost all of the pictures of your daughter, especially her looking out the window. But why you would choose to enhance the pink in a boy's lips in a selective coloring B&W picture is a mystery to me.. Boys don't go for color-enhanced lips....ever... You might as well have painted his fingernails.

Great shots, otherwise.

I am not really sure, No more pink lips - I guess it was a little overboard indeed, I just was not too happy about flat tones that came on BW because of front lit subject and use of flash and was not sure what to do and how to enhance the image. Can some one may be play with some tones and enhance the picture, I am very new to PP:

0184-vi.jpg

A diffuser would've really helped.

Most reactions

Back