Seriously thinking about this right now.....

I have the RB and love it. I opted for the RB due to it being 100% mechanical.
They are both fine machines.

Whole different world. How are you planning on using it?

Very good question. They don't really make good candid street machines :lol:

Very good question. They don't really make good candid street machines :lol:

Not so bad really since most people think that you have to have the camera up to your eyes to take a photo. Put one on a monopod and you can use longer lenses by bracing against your body- it won't matter if it's pointing straight out or off to one side as you focus.

I have RBs. Put one on a grip with a prism finder though and you do become a bit obvious. :lol:

Whole different world. How are you planning on using it?

Portraits, landscapes and home developing and printing. I like the RZ because they already have digital backs made for it and I can see the prices on MF digital backs going down in the coming years as DSLR resolution starts catching up.

I don't want one for the resolution though. I just like the size of the medium.

Less thinking, more buying!!!

I would need to dump my whole nikon system.

But I would keep the FM2 and 85mm f1.4D. I haven't really taken that lens off the FM2. I think for monthly "snapshots" the FM2 with the 85mm and a 20mm f2.8 ais or 35mm f1.4 ais would be enough for me.

A Pro II body & lens for $600 seems like too good a deal to pass up to me!

Hmmmmmm. I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

Before you do, look around and see if there's a PRO II D around - the II D allows for direct connection of Phase I backs so that if, in the future you come into a s**t ton of $$, you can go digital. You can connect digital backs to the II, but you need a not inexpensive adaptor plate.

Before you do, look around and see if there's a PRO II D around - the II D allows for direct connection of Phase I backs so that if, in the future you come into a s**t ton of $$, you can go digital. You can connect digital backs to the II, but you need a not inexpensive adaptor plate.

Thanks for that info.

I have the RB for studio and landscapes. I agree about the digital backs for the RZ though. Right now you can get a 20mp back for around 7K which is a big difference from the 20k+ that all digital backs had in the past.

I have the RB for studio and landscapes. I agree about the digital backs for the RZ though. Right now you can get a 20mp back for around 7K which is a big difference from the 20k+ that all digital backs had in the past.

Yeah and I'm thinking in the next 4-6 years we'll be able to pick up a nice digital back at prices closer to $2-5000 range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back