Several questions

It is impossible to make sensible answers about pictures that are so small.
These have been reduced in size either by you or by the site.

You asked for a review of your pictures to see if its you or the camera. The services are turning down full size pictures; give us a chance to look at full-size pictures.

Do what you did before. Send yourself a couple of full-size pictures with sharp edges and range of tones and then post the link.

I downloaded the second picture that you posted and I think that your problem is that you don't know enough about some basic issues in photography.

Most of the picture is of concrete walls in the shade thus there is little direct light to make the edges look sharp. A great depth of field is required but you used an 80 mm focal length and f8 thus limiting the DOF and the parts of the wall that would be in focus.

The histogram of your picture is below; virtually all of the tones are concentrated in one narrow area. Ideally the tones would be spread along a greater length indicating a greater range of interesting tones in the image.

My guess is that your camera is fine.

wallshistoxi1.jpg

can you tell me some sites with basic photography information?

Thanks for all,
Gonber

can you tell me some sites with basic photography information?

The best "site" to visit is a local library .... get every book you can on exposure and read them cover to cover ....

There's nothing wrong with your camera (that's the good news!) ..... however, my guess is that you're not quite knowledgeable enouigh about the "how" of photography (that's the bad news!). But that's a correctable situation and all it takes is education !

So go learn !

Many thanks to all. Someday I'll post my "good" photos! :p

Most reactions

Back