Severe Storm's QLD Australia.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have had some unusual weather lately and some dangerous storms. Did my best to capture them. First two images are auto bracketed HDR and the rest are converted from original RAW files. Would appreciate any thoughts and cc to improve as the storms are still around. Thanks very much.

storm.jpg

img_4152_3_4_face_cloud.jpg

This next set are not HDR and show two storms coming together and I botled from the hill as it unleashed it's fury above our town. The second shot shows a typical summer storm however they are colliding with storms from the south west. Hope the pictures tell the story.

4214_edit_storms_warwick.jpg

img_4190_storms_warwick.jpg

img_4225_storms_warwick.jpg

img_4223_storms_warwick.jpg

img_4275_storms_warwick.jpg

img_4236_storms_warwick.jpg

Thanks Mike, hope to get a few more tonight, they are building up right now and the sky is changing, time to baton down again!

that 2nd shot is the best out of all of these. I love the detail and color in the clouds.

I agree with keybq - the second shot is a real stunner! :)
if you look in the middle just above the trees it looks like lighting in the sky as well

The weather there was severe enough that it made the news here in Toronto, half the world away! And another vote for the second shot....very impressive clouds there.

Another vote for #2. The front cloud has a demonic profile in it that my eyes/mind see. Stay safe.

Love the shots!! The first two just made me a fan of HDR, which I've yet to experiment with. There is a lot to imagine in shot 2. The other shots, I'd like to see larger versions of.

Thanks very much for all the comments. I did see the face you mentioned Kundalini and thought the same thing. Two rails, I have just resized them to larger size files. That's as large as I can get them. Keybq, Overead and Antartican, appreciate your comments and it is one of my favourites from this set and can see what you are saying about the look of lightning Overead. Thanks also Pugnacious and Lockwood, appreciate you all taking a look.

Thanks for posting larger sizes!! Much better to see the details. Again, very nice shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back