Shackle and Chain

Rick58 said:
Thanks Derrel, I'll have to give it a try when I get home tonight. I have LR but never played with it much

You probably have no idea how much you're missing. I started off with Photoshop 2.5 way back in 1992 when personal computers cost $4,000 and were basically useless. I spent the next twenty years wasting time with Photoshop. I got Lightroom in 2012. In less that two years of ownership, Lightroom has been a significantly more valuable tool than Photoshop.

Rick58 said:
Thanks Derrel, I'll have to give it a try when I get home tonight. I have LR but never played with it much

You probably have no idea how much you're missing. I started off with Photoshop 2.5 way back in 1992 when personal computers cost $4,000 and were basically useless. I spent the next twenty years wasting time with Photoshop. I got Lightroom in 2012. In less that two years of ownership, Lightroom has been a significantly more valuable tool than Photoshop.

I've only just discovered Lightroom and it's transformed my photography, I rarely use Photoshop any more.

LR editing RAW files make such a difference, sometimes a photo that you think I'd no hope to save, can be completely transformed in LR. It's defiantly worth looking into.

Great detail in the shackle. I like that texture.
But asphalt is no good background for it I guess. :D

Thanks folks. I really liked this shot, so I'm going to do some more tweaking tonight with Darrel's LR suggestion.
Timor, you also got me thinking regarding "asphalt" (dark). The background is actually an almost neutral gray rough concrete. I darkened the background and didn't like it at all. Being concrete, I think the problem may be it's too dark already. Maybe I need to lighten the concrete, leaving the chain as is. Hopefully this will make the chain pop off the lighter background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back