Keagle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kurtispoole.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...in mid-teens.

Would you accept one? Say they showed you a gallery of their photos, you found them up to par and the only thing lacking is their age.

What would you end up doing?

Thanks ;) :hug::

i would try to help them

I think it's the individual person more than their age. Some teens are quite mature and some 30 year olds act like children.

Do your best to look and act in a professional manor.

Be prepared to start at the bottom, which may mean carrying bags rather than shooting...and working for free. But remember, it's the experience you are after, and that's quite valuable.

Thanks Jols and Mike.

Yup - to be honest - what interests me far more is wildlife. Yet there is no money in that...and I cannot afford to go that root as of now.

It's nice to know that my chances of being declined simply due to my age are not as high as I first believed, and I'm perfectly happy to be carrying bags for awhile so long as I get to eventually do some shooting.

To be fair...your age might be a factor with some photographers, so it might be harder than if you were older...but I think that a lot of them won't care...especially if you make up for it with enthusiasm.

i agree.

and as mike said its a matter of your personality as well.

be up front and just ring a couple and see what they say.

say you are willing to work for nothing then if you get on ok ask if you can be permitted to take some pics and get critique from the tog.

Thanks guys! Yup - I'm pretty keen in getting some experience, even if it turns out useless I can say I tried.

The thing is - my lens setup isn't really idealistic for low light work/wedding work.

Should I consider renting some equipment should I get the green light from a 'tog?

The thing is - my lens setup isn't really idealistic for low light work/wedding work.

Should I consider renting some equipment should I get the green light from a 'tog?
Just knowing that your gear isn't up to par, is a big step. Plenty of people who take money for shooting weddings don't even know that :lol:

I think that if you find the right person to work for, they will let you know what is OK and what you should do. If they trust you, they probably won't hesitate to lend you something.

Most reactions

Back