Sharp pics...??

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:blushing:

How come my pics don't come out nice and sharp? My camera (Kodak EasyShare 6.1 mpix) has several settings...."action", "close up", back lighting", etc. It also has an "auto" setting, and manual as well.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do...my photos aren't very sharp most of the time.

I let the camera focus...but nope.

I know alot of the shots I want to do require a tripod--for which I do not have...and is on my Christmas list!! But, not all should require the tripiod?

If my memory card is pretty full--will that make a difference?

Any suggestions/ideas??

Thanks in advance!! ;)

memory card being full will have no effect on sharpness or image quality at all.
One thing that is probably affecting your shooting is the lag time between pressing the shutter button and the cameras shutter fireing - with a moving subject this is probably introducing blur or softness to your shot as the subject moves out of focus before the camera fires.
After that it could be that your shutter speed is too low, but I don't know the features of the easyshare 6.1 for customising features and controls.
One other thing to note is editing - do you have access to an editing program - nothing fancy like photoshop, but something like elements or gimp?

Do you have a sample of your photo that you think is not sharp?

Wow, you guys are quick!! Thanks!!

A. I take action shots with the "action" setting....but they are still blurred. Not sure why.

B. The camera came with some software, somewhat limited. I transfer my pics to PhotoBucket and sometimes use that a well.

C. I've also tried taking pics of my DD at gymnastics. I use the "action" setting, and granted the lighting is terrible in the gym...shouldn't I get a few good shots? ot one of them is print-worthy.

D. I'd love to get a lens....again, not in the budget right now! ;O)

E. Here is a sample of some I posted recently in "Nature".

100_4027abushonafrostymorn.jpg

100_4039sunnyfrostonthepine-1.jpg

100_4041frostyredleaves.jpg

100_4052weedonafrostymorn.jpg

I don't see any sharpness issues with the posted images (although it's hard to tell with #2). Maybe try some experiemental shots. Set the camera on a table or other sold surface and take pictures of a page of text at various distances and settings. That will allow you to easily see if there is a problem. Also go back and review the EXIF data from your images. You may well see softness in those with shutter speeds of < 1/60 just due to camera shake.

I don't see any sharpness issues either, just very shallow depth of field, which is normal during close ups like these.

Agree with others with the picture shown seem sharp. And if you take action type photo indoor and "ZOOM IN" use a longer focal length, camera shake problem may cause blur in your photos.

LOL!! OK, well, maybe it's just me then???? :blushing:

maybe you're confusing 'shallow depth of field' as being out of focus, or sharpness issues.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back