Shelby

Pretty pictures! Favorite is 3

Wow... she's gorgeous! I like 'em! Her expression in 3 is very, "up to no good." lol

Good lighting--light, bright, airy, summery feeling. She looks very attractive in these.

I think a curves adjustment would really improve 1 and 2. Tones seem a little flat to me.

I think a curves adjustment would really improve 1 and 2. Tones seem a little flat to me.

I think you are right.. I stared at them and couldn't quite pinpoint what I felt was missing.

Best work I have seen from you. Nice job! Although, overcast weather helped you quite a bit though. Practice more when the sun is out because it is more challenging.

Best work I have seen from you. Nice job! Although, overcast weather helped you quite a bit though. Practice more when the sun is out because it is more challenging.

Thank you! I definitely got lucky with the weather.. I will be forced to work in more "sunny" conditions often though I'm sure.. clouds and rain are such a rarity in this city!

I agree that we can see your progress.

As you found out, reflectors don't have all that much they can reflect when it's overcast.
However, on overcast days you can use a flash instead of the Sun, by pointing the flash at the reflector.
If it's a 5-in-1 reflector, you can use the diffusion panel in the middle and shoot a flash through the diffusion panel right at your subject.

Yes it is a 5 in one. I will have to give that a go! My next purchase will be a way to get my speedlight off camera finally. My son's getting old enough that he's a handful trying to wear him while I'm out shooting and I want to try to leave him home with hubby soon which means less load.. More hands. Lol

Yes it is a 5 in one. I will have to give that a go! My next purchase will be a way to get my speedlight off camera finally. My son's getting old enough that he's a handful trying to wear him while I'm out shooting and I want to try to leave him home with hubby soon which means less load.. More hands. Lol
This is what I use to get my flash off the camera if I do happen to use flash. Off-Camera Flash Gear | Canon ETTL Cord OC-E3 | Nikon ITTL Cord SC-29 | Syl Arena My poor ass can't afford radio triggers, and these cords while a bit clumsy are more reliable that a radio trigger, and immensely more affordable. I always prefer to use all natural light or a reflector with natural light whenever possible though.

Also, I think that curves adjustment is just what those shots needed. They look great! I also think you made good use of that reflector. Even just a little bit of reflected light makes a big difference, and in my opinion subtle differences always make a bigger impact in a photo.

Nice, I like 1 & 3....and I love her name!

Love the poses, composition, and facial expressions. Skin is underexposed. You can tell because it has that gray hue. I am going to say it till I am blue in the face, but once you learn to read skin by the numbers you will know by the time you are done editing if your skin tones are correct. It only takes a couple of seconds to check them once you know the parameters. I have seen a HUGE improvement in your work since you first started posted here. I am hard on the people who have the most potential. :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back