tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
dung_beetle_06.jpg

This was a very hard to get this subject in a diffuse light so instead it kind of went the other way, it was just so shiny.

Shot with an a700 and reichert 2.5x microscope lens stacked in combineZP.
tim

Brilliant details tpe! Very sharp result and great stacking - out of interest how many went into this shot?

Hi Overread, sorry had a HDD crash immediatly after your last post, there have been 31000 and something since :). There were about 67 images in the stack. The magnification was not that high, the number needed seems to go up with magnification.

V cool avatar btw

tim

sorry to hear about the crashes - hope you didn't lose any data!

makes sense though - depth of field reduces rapidly with magnification increases = but 67! you are insane! ;) With so many I assume this was a dead subject?

No problem thanks for the concern Overread, lost a very little, had most backed up, just took a while rebuilding and ordering all the parts now the bus standards have changed again.

It has been upto about 300 for the most, that was for a nematode worm, not very nice as the shutter life on my camera is 100,000 i think so 100,000/300 is about 333? So not a lot of that kind of pictures per body. And yes it was well and truely dead, but i had a live scorpion that stood still for two sets at about 30 each and got slightly rotated in the middle without moving at all :). The wife didnt beleive me though, she said nothing could keep still that long, i guess it takes all sorts ;).

Thanks keybq.

tim

Awesome shot

Most reactions

Back