Shoe identification?

philter25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey All,

I inherited a bunch of photography equipment and one of the pieces I got was a Kalimar AFZ-7000 flash. However, the shoe on the flash did not match the Canon cameras I inherited, so I was curious if anyone could identify this shoe and what camera the flash would work with?

$IMG_0060[1].JPG

I have no idea.
It's not the Minolta/Sony iISO hot shoe, and you already know it's not the industry standard ISO 518:2006 most camera makers use.

It's not the Minolta/Sony iISO hot shoe, and you already know it's not the industry standard ISO 518:2006 most camera makers use.

Are you sure? It looks like it would go right on a Minolta hot shoe. And the pattern of the contacts is the same too.

IMG_9466 by J E, on Flickr

IMG_9465 by J E, on Flickr

Looks pretty much like a perfect match to me.

edit
That is a Minolta QTsi - my first SLR, lol. I still have it... It's basically a Point & Shoot SLR. No Manual mode, not even aperture or shutter priority. All it has are the 'creative' modes - you know, 'sports', 'portrait', 'landscape', that stuff. I did take some good photos with it though... I'll probably give it to the kids soon (one's 3, one's 5).

Last edited:
:lmao: I missed that I was looking at the foot on a flash unit !!!!! Doh! :er:

:lmao: I missed that I was looking at the foot on a flash unit !!!!! Doh! :er:

Yeah - took me a minute too, lol. Then it was obvious. :lol:

Most reactions

Back