Shoot for 365

Oh pfft I think your brother is just jealous of you being more talented than him :D It is certainly a very good idea and it's something I would like to try as well. It's just too bad that I haven't been able to buy a new camera before the new year :( but maybe I will try the next year :D
btw I hope to get a new camera in the next few days and hopefully before January 7th :p

Aha. That may be it, I know he shoots on strictly auto-mode. One time he was freaking out because we were inside and the shutter was going slow. I had to sit and explain to him about shutter speeds and everything.

January 5, 2009
3171567497_2677ea1e4a.jpg

5 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It rained all day today, so I couldn't go outside for a picture. I got the idea for an inside looking out picture. Somewhat copying Noah and Connor's whitebox looking out pictures. This was shot inside of my whitebox, but since it's so small, you can't even tell.

I get my camera soon! w00t w00t!

Aha. That may be it, I know he shoots on strictly auto-mode. One time he was freaking out because we were inside and the shutter was going slow. I had to sit and explain to him about shutter speeds and everything.

omg! So why does he have a dslr when he only uses the auto-mode?? He should give you his camera and get a point and shoot instead lol. Well hehe I finally got a dslr again. I went to the local camera store earlier and grabbed a brand new EOS 40D and RAN home :D. Now I can post "new" photos again. So when exactly are you going to get your camera??

omg! So why does he have a dslr when he only uses the auto-mode?? He should give you his camera and get a point and shoot instead lol. Well hehe I finally got a dslr again. I went to the local camera store earlier and grabbed a brand new EOS 40D and RAN home :D. Now I can post "new" photos again. So when exactly are you going to get your camera??

Good for you man! The 40D is a very nice camera, I'll be looking forward to some shots from you.

As for my camera, it should be coming in Wednesday. My mother ordered it for me as a Christmas present. I did some research on who she ordered it from, since she ordered it off of eBay. The seller owns a store called, "Fix Your iPod & More." Just the title is sketchy, you know the camera was once broken, so he repaired it and is selling it. I can sort of deal with that. I was looking through his feedback, and he had mostly good feedback, for the broken items he sold. He sold a lot of AS-IS merchandise, and he got good feedback for fast shipping. I looked in to a lot of the negatives. 95% of them were people who bought cameras, like mine, from him. He does not include pictures of the camera, he just lists them as in excellent condition. All of the feedbacks were saying that the items were not in the described condition. They said that the cameras came in horrible condition, non-working, missing internal parts, etc. When they asked for refunds, he would not give them most of the time.

So I'm praying to God that he can deliver my camera to me in excellent physical and working condition. If it doesn't, I will probably have to call off this project =[

January 6, 2009
3175266990_ebb4388ab5.jpg

6 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

January 6, 2009. Well, today was a hard shot. I wasn't able to go outside to shoot, and I could only stay in my bedroom. Also I rushed this shot because I really don't feel good and am just going to post this up and go to sleep.

Well, tomorrow expect a good shot, if my camera comes, working. I will be able to actually go out for a shot, a shot where I can feel comfortable. Not have to sneak my brother's camera out.

Be ready!

January 7, 2009
3177398733_0b178a6ef0.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artreuo/3177398733/

Well, my Nikon D70 came today. In PERFECT condition. I'm so happy, I finally got a digital SLR of my own.

I went down to the creek on our property for this shot, where the water drains out from the pond, creating this small water fall. I was moving two heavy logs out of the way of this shot. I put one to the side, and the other one I went to toss. It his the tip of the other and sent it straight into my hip. That log hurt! I just sat there and took the picture still and then climbed out. I'm somewhat happy with it. It wasn't until after I climbed out where I learned to use the white balance on my camera a little better.

=]

Last edited:
If I can just make a general comment. I think this is a great project, and I will continue to check up on your progress. However, it seem to me that on 6 of the 7 shots you've posted you mentioned that you didn't have time to think of the shot, or you were rushed in getting a shot, or "i wasn't paying much attention".

I realize that there is an extra motivation and a nice overall theme to the project to force yourself to take at least 1 photo a day, and I also realize you were limited by not having your equipment, so take this all with a grain of salt, but I look forward to seeing the days when you can put a little more thought into your photos, not that I don't like your photos, some of them are pretty interesting, but I think you would learn a lot more throughout the project if it didn't seem like you were only taking the shots as a chore, try thinking of shots you want to take the next day while you're falling asleep, or waiting on a bus... or whatever, then just go take them when you get the time.

Also, there are plenty of good shots to take indoors, don't know your budget, but due to the nature of your project, it might be worthwhile to invest in some lighting so you can capture better indoor shots. and maybe don't be too stressed about getting the pic posted every day, maybe determine to take the photo each day, and post it within 2 or 3, that way you can take your time editing and still achieve the goal of taking a pic every day, but if posting it is important to you than thats okay too.

But like I said, I think its a cool idea and i'm looking forward to watching your progress. Its not an easy task, and not one that I would take on myself. I am merely trying to offer some advice.

And congrats on the new camera!

I know what you mean. I am always thinking of shots, but it's hard to execute, know what I mean? I am wanting to invest in either a Nikon SB-600 or a Vivitar 285HV for good lighting. They will be almost needed to get some good skate shots.

Thanks a lot though man. It makes me feel good to know that people will be checking in on me every day. I couldn't do it without y'all.

I changed my entry. I'm hoping it's all good with y'all.

you're welcome,

I do know what you mean for some reason the camera does not see things the way my brain does

I'm sure you'll get better at visualizing shots and finding them quickly, as this project will kind of force you to train doing that.

you're welcome,

I do know what you mean for some reason the camera does not see things the way my brain does

I'm sure you'll get better at visualizing shots and finding them quickly, as this project will kind of force you to train doing that.

Yeah, I've learned one thing about the camera after I came inside. I knew how to set the white balances, but for auto white balance, the picture was always too cool (came out blue). I learned how to set the auto white balance to warmer pictures so they come out regularly. I'm happy about that now.

I'm so angry that it's dark outside. I have this wonderful Nikon D70, and I just can't take any pictures inside really.

I'm so upset, and I can't wait to get home from school tomorrow so I can take more pictures =]

Heck, I might even wake up early for school so I can go outside and try for a few shots =]

congratulations! It seems that a lot of people have been buying new cameras lately :D.
I don't know anything about your D70 but you should try to take photos outdoor even when it's dark. Just make sure you use a tripod or a fast lens with IS/VR. Have fun with your new camera ;)

Artreuo,

Neat concept you've got here. Good luck with it!

You have another follower.

congratulations! It seems that a lot of people have been buying new cameras lately :D.
I don't know anything about your D70 but you should try to take photos outdoor even when it's dark. Just make sure you use a tripod or a fast lens with IS/VR. Have fun with your new camera ;)

I'm working on getting a tripod. No luck yet though, I'm in need of money.

I started back at my job today though! I've been off since summer. More money, but less time shooting photos of the day =/

Artreuo,

Neat concept you've got here. Good luck with it!

You have another follower.

Thanks man!

Most reactions

Back