Shoot for 365

January 8, 2009
3180310389_bc953f3aa2.jpg

8 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Well, I got a re-shoot. As soon as I got off the bus, I started shooting. I ran across the pond and shot it. I like the outcome.

I did some editing to the NEF/RAW file =]

I'm working on getting a tripod. No luck yet though, I'm in need of money.

I started back at my job today though! I've been off since summer. More money, but less time shooting photos of the day =/

Well having photography as a hobby means you really need some kind of income so I am glad that you've got a job now because it's an extremely expensive hobby lol. I've been working my ass off for a whole month just to buy a 40D but of course I have a lot bills to pay as well since I don't live with my parents anymore lol. I am looking for a tripod as well and I have heard that those cheap tripods should be avoid course sooner or later you would be looking for a better one so you might as well getting an expensive one. Someone posted this link in another thread and I find it very useful.

January 10, 2009
3185466733_5e9504d11f.jpg

10 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Today was a rather interesting shot. I'm not going for a good photo for today, it's more of something to just document the day. All I did today was **** around and run through the woods with Shelby. Doing stupid ****, taking stupid shots, and here is one of them.

January 11, 2009
3189426817_6394f271e1.jpg

11 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I was on my way to Natchitoches, and we passed by this house. The only way to shoot it without the motion blur was to shoot it at a higher shutter speed, doing so, it would be waaayyyy under. So I did, and figured I would see how I could edit it in the RAW editor in Photoshop. It looked like ****, so I decided to do some edits to it, and I faked a medium format picture.

u liek?

I really like the concept of this one...moody but with a very simple and familiar subject. It does have a few quirks though, its still a little blurry,and i'm not crazy on the angle the house is viewed at, either straight on, or looking more to the corner would be better in my opinion. Were you in a car to shoot it? I would like to see this concept reworked if you get the chance. One of my favorites you've done yet, but if it were a little more refined technically, it would be my favorite.
Keep it up!

Inteesting idea, but I like the ones where someone takes a pic of themselves every day for some time.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B26asyGKDo]This guy took a picture of himself every day for 6 years!! [/ame]

January 12, 2009
3193205974_c19bd7ba0b.jpg

12 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This has been a hard day for me. My 85 year old grandmother, who I used to be really close to when I was younger, went through surgery the other day. She was doing just fine at first, but now she's not doing so well. That has really downed me today. My mother is going up to Baltimore to be with my grandmother, for possibly her last days. My dad, acting as optimus-dick, is throwing *****-fits because he doesn't want her leaving. He will have to actually cook, clean, and do other house-hold activities that my mom does, so he's really bitching out about that. They're fighting, and I don't like that very much. I wasn't much for the idea of a photo for today, but I had to I guess, so I just did. I wanted to shoot something, to maybe show how I'm seeing things right now, in a depressed way. I just can't get a shot though.

With school, work, family problems, and working on my vehicle, I don't really have much time for this project right now. I guess you can say I am in a slump or so. I'm sure I will get out of it, but a matter is when, and how I get out of it =/

artreuo:

Good luck with your 365 project. I'll be adding you to my flickr contact list to keep track of yours. Likin' what I see so far. You may or may not hit a rough patch half way through, but just be ready. Sorry to hear about your family issues right now, and hope things get better.

I've got my 365 project going, too, so if feel free to give me some c&c from time to time.

Thanks bro, I'll be sure to drop by from time to time to check yours out.

Anyway.
January 13, 2009
3195595494_f5b1c457d7.jpg

13 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Today was a rather depressing day, so I shot a rather depressing photo.

Ps: I ordered my daylight tank, so soon I can start shooting film again! I can't wait for it to come in. I'm selling my Nikon N65, and hoping to pick up a Nikon F. The original one from 1959. I found a Brownie Hawkeye at my other grandma's house, and I'm going to try and get that up here soon to shoot with.

January 14, 2009
3197828060_8aaf996d22.jpg

14 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm in no mood for photo of the day. I came home from school and my dad told me the news of my grandmother dying. I don't really know what to do. I've been crying now the whole time, and I'm just in a ****ty mood. I just took this to show off how I feel, and to get today out of the way. I don't care that it looks bad. I'm just pissed off, and I don't care to take a photo to any one's standards today.

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is always difficult if someone you care for is sick, or dying. I think taking a photo of yourself even in your grief is a tribute to how much you care for her.

I'm thinking I have to stop the project. My family is falling apart over my mother's stupidity. We're broke, and have no money. The only way I can really keep it together is by paying the bills for this month. House note, electric bill, water bill, insurance, etc. I need a good 900$

I'm probably going to sell my camera gear, laptop, and xbox, in hope that I can get enough to keep this family together....for this month at least.

January 15, 2009
3199986857_8d029aa0f8.jpg

15 of 365 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Today has been one of the hardest days of my life. My family is completely falling apart. Everything is going wrong. I'm fifteen, and caught in the middle of this. It's absolutely horrible =/

I'm really in one of those moods again. It's like photo of the day is just a burden. I don't care to do it right now, I'm just not in any suitable mental state to actually take pictures. So for this picture, it represents how I'm seeing the world right now. It's as if I see everything in the wrong way. The world is just upside down for me. I don't like it.

Most reactions

Back