Shooting for a xmas card - baby

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did an spur of the moment shoot today with my almost 1 year old. I managed to get a few decent shots and plenty of grey hairs.

Backdrop is just xmas lights and an old blanket. Used a SB-800 plus a desk lamp to the left of frame for light.

Pretty happy, if the color is a little off its because I am using my crappy home office monitor.

$FAB_7960.jpg$FAB_7966.jpg$FAB_8090.jpg$FAB_8110.jpg

p.s. expand the photos because they have better color.

Last edited:
Nice idea with the lights, though your boy looks a little underexposed and maybe a little flat? No catchlights in the eyes either. :( Did you have a flash?

Nice idea with the lights, though your boy looks a little underexposed and maybe a little flat? No catchlights in the eyes either. :( Did you have a flash?

Yes, I was bouncing it off the ceiling. Did I do bad?

I like the one on the upper right.... very cute and his spirit of the season is just great.... dose look grey on my monitor but you knew that ....nice job..... grey hair, wait till he is 15

I wish all of him were in the pictures for 1 and 2 like they are in 3 and 4. I agree, maybe slightly underexposed as already mentioned. And 3 I like a lot, but wish his eyes weren't so dark in that one.

I think bouncing off of a wall either behind or beside would have produced better results (or ideally, put the speedlight into an SB a few feet away just above his head height and firing slightly down). The problem with ceiling bounce, especially when close to the subject is that you get great top illumination, but not much frontal. I think a tour through Lightroom could improve them significantly however.

$FAB_8090.jpg

Better?

Fixed the rest, sorry my monitor really sucks, had to use the wife's macbook.

$FAB_7960_1.jpg$FAB_7966_1.jpg$FAB_7973_1.jpg$FAB_7981_1.jpg$FAB_8098_1.jpg$FAB_8110_1.jpg$FAB_8174.jpg

Wow now that I am on my calibrated monitor I could see how bad the first one are.

Most reactions

Back